ReefCleaners.org

A Carib.Castle: Naughty Nibblers... June '15 pics/vid, Razors, 125g, diy LR

eitallent

SO where are the pics of the macros! I am so glad they got there okay this time, and don't you dare try and pay for shipping you did once, my bad for thinking the weather would hold.

Looks awesome, I really love the rock idea.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, flcandy! The macros were clean, packed well enough for war, and in perfect condition. :wub:

Here are some pics:

2013-03-09_15-45-28_137_zpsdf8523be.jpg

2013-03-09_15-46-38_729_zpsf486ef39.jpg

2013-03-09_15-47-36_953_zps990eee9d.jpg

Did you make those castles?

I wish I made those castles. No, I got them from my daughter as she was done using them! I think they look cool until I get the LR in there. :)

They look awesome! I am so glad This trip was better then the last.

They DO look great! Thank you so much! You really can grow some awesome Macros!! :D

The macros look great! And those castles are actually super cute :)

Thank you & thanks again. :happy:

Hubby helped me with the hanging kit and the Razors look great hanging. Me like...

2013-03-11_13-09-06_595_zpsa2e3b194.jpg

2013-03-11_13-08-07_917_zpsab16aef3.jpg

2013-03-11_13-08-23_869_zpsb3d6a53e.jpg

Also I decided to cut back on the expense of the MP40s to afford the Razors. Instead I went with the Hydor Koralia Evo 1400s (four) with the simple Hydor Smart Wave maker. I will wait to upgrade the powerheads when I decide definitively what kind of reef system I want.

I was thinking of going with a Caribbean reef but there are so many corals and fish I love from the Pacific. Sigh...

looking great, the waiting is the hardest part

Are you planning additional filtration besides the AC110? What are you doing for a skimmer?

How the heck did I miss this build????? :blink:

I love the idea of making your own scape like you did! Can't wait to see how it comes out!

Also, those Razors are vey sexy!!!

Edit: Oh I see it's in the large build thread, don't go in there much, but I will now!

SeahawkReefer

I wanna see your diy rocks in da watah!!! I know I know, you do too... The tank is looking great and your halmenia is loving those lights! Look at those orange tips!!! Is the red macro red grape caulerpa or botryocladia? Every time I look at your tank I want a big reef... one day...

I wanna see your diy rocks in da watah!!! I know I know, you do too... The tank is looking great and your halmenia is loving those lights! Look at those orange tips!!! Is the red macro red grape caulerpa or botryocladia? Every time I look at your tank I want a big reef... one day...

I believe it is the Red Grape Caulerpa. In addition to the Dragon's Breath there is some Titan! I got them from ReefCandy.org sent by flcandy! Excellent site with lots of great articles.:) TY Randi!

looking great, the waiting is the hardest part

Are you planning additional filtration besides the AC110? What are you doing for a skimmer?

I will not be using a skimmer for a while yet, if ever. I do not think I will get into corals that need ultra low nutrient environments. If I have trouble with nuisance oraganisms, like cyano, dinoflagelates, algae or who knows what else then I may get one. As far as filtration I am building up macro forests, and just using the AC110 for now. I have a canister filter on the way to use for weekly cleanings with stirring of the sand and blasting detritus into the water column just before a weekly water change. I will run the canister for a few hours to clean the water after stirring up the "stuff." I plan on weekly 10 gallons WC. Of course this is the PLAN, but your know the old saying about the best laid schemes of mice and men. :lol:

If you're running not demanding corals, I don't see the point of weekly water changes, you can probably go every 2 weeks once your system is 3-4 months mature.

How the heck did I miss this build????? :blink:

I love the idea of making your own scape like you did! Can't wait to see how it comes out!

Also, those Razors are vey sexy!!!

Edit: Oh I see it's in the large build thread, don't go in there much, but I will now!

Yes the making of rocks is lots of messy fun. Now the hard part is waiting for it to cure! :) They are at about 9.0 in pH right now. I have started curing them with the SW from WC's. Stay tuned!

Thanks for visiting here!

It is so nice to have all of you here to help me out. :grouphug:

Very nice! I love the lights!!!! I too can't wait to see the DIY rock in there :happydance: I'm so envious of your BIG tank..so much room, so many options!!!!! :D

If you're running not demanding corals, I don't see the point of weekly water changes, you can probably go every 2 weeks once your system is 3-4 months mature.

You are so right. But in addition to softy corals I also like fish, shrimp, crab and lets not forget a few gorgs. Hee hee. I am sure that eventually a weekly WC will be most beneficial! ;)

Very nice! I love the lights!!!! I too can't wait to see the DIY rock in there :happydance: I'm so envious of your BIG tank..so much room, so many options!!!!! :D

Gena!! You are so pretty. I love your new avatar.

Yes with a big tank it will be softy heaven! Of course I will have to have some SPS like Montipora (red, green, brown)!

Looking great with those Razors B)

When are you getting rock in this bad boy?

Sigh it is the waiting game, JDH. I HATE it. :lol: But at least the sand bed will be well established and I am putting in more macros to help with natural filtration! It is time to get out the wallet. AGAIN :happy:

Gena!! You are so pretty. I love your new avatar.

Yes with a big tank it will be softy heaven! Of course I will have to have some SPS like Montipora (red, green, brown)!

Well, thank you :D I'm sure I'll go back to a Marilyn Monroe avatar eventually. I was just feeling I needed a change for a while!

:happydance: Softy heaven!!!! I like the idea of the montis a lot. I really think a big monticap MAKES a reef tank. They are so pretty! Do a chalice too. They grow into such awesome shapes and the colors are :wub:

Well, thank you :D I'm sure I'll go back to a Marilyn Monroe avatar eventually. I was just feeling I needed a change for a while!

:happydance: Softy heaven!!!! I like the idea of the montis a lot. I really think a big monticap MAKES a reef tank. They are so pretty! Do a chalice too. They grow into such awesome shapes and the colors are :wub:

I like your idea of chalice corals. I have seen some outrageous colors on them.

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Citizens of the reef realms,

Be it ordained that there will be chalice corals in the reef of Castle Made of Sand!!

Sorry I just had to do that! :happy:

I like your idea of chalice corals. I have seen some outrageous colors on them.

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Citizens of the reef realms,

Be it ordained that there will be chalice corals in the reef of Castle Made of Sand!!

Sorry I just had to do that! :happy:

:happydance:
jedimasterben

After running several types and combinations of filtration systems, I would run a combination of chemical filtration, a refugium, and a skimmer right from the get-go, flipping the refugium for a waterfall ATS if you'd like to DIY one.

After running several types and combinations of filtration systems, I would run a combination of chemical filtration, a refugium, and a skimmer right from the get-go, flipping the refugium for a waterfall ATS if you'd like to DIY one.

I am definitely thinking about adding a refugium (I love those macros). I will definitely use some activated carbon. What is your input on Bio Poly-filters? A DIY waterfall ATS (Algae Turf Scrubber ?) sounds right up my alley but I cannot think of where I would place it.

JMB, thanks for your suggestions. As always, very helpful.

I think you should do a hammer coral too. Those guys are awesome.

Hammer corals come in some really neat color combos too. I like the metallic greens. It will definitely be on the list to add. :)

See? This is why a Carribean reef is going to be difficult. :rolleyes:

I forgot to say that I have Diatoms. Yay! Progress. I ordered a CUC w/o crabs from John at reefcleaners.org this very morning. :)

Archived