inTank Media Baskets

A Carib.Castle: Naughty Nibblers... June '15 pics/vid, Razors, 125g, diy LR

eitallent

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are my favorite kind of Chromis. Waited forever for LiveAquaria to have them in stock and then bought a small school of 3. Names them Google, Chrome and Andy. Chromis unfortunately will kill till there is only one left or you have a large enough school that makes sure enough of both sex are present. They add such a beautiful splash of color, are active, always out front but unfortunately, in captivity they are terrorists to each other.

jedimasterben

Those are my favorite kind of Chromis. Waited forever for LiveAquaria to have them in stock and then bought a small school of 3. Names them Google, Chrome and Andy. Chromis unfortunately will kill till there is only one left or you have a large enough school that makes sure enough of both sex are present. They add such a beautiful splash of color, are active, always out front but unfortunately, in captivity they are terrorists to each other.

I don't think the number of them matters as much as I thought - once a pair establishes, they start 'nesting', even though they may not make a nest, and will kill the others because they want their space. Then usually they'll still squabble.

jedimasterben

Benny, sounds like a human pair. Except for the killing.

I dunno about that, you ever watch the news? :lol:

surgicalsense

I would total love to do something like that. My husband want to go back to Nantucket and spend the weekend. I always think of the how the beaches are their.

Who doesn't? Chromis's are beautiful.

They sure are. I love the way the shoal. I will get at least three more. :)

I notice that the biggest one, I call him Bubba, likes to chase the others around. The other three smaller ones do not seem to be bothered by it. Bubba does not seem to hurt the other three. Even the three smaller ones like to chase Bubba around at times! :lol: Bubba likes lots of elbow room. The continuous feeder seems to have a calming affect on them. I notice when they have something to eat and hunt all day they leave each other alone.

I don't think the number of them matters as much as I thought - once a pair establishes, they start 'nesting', even though they may not make a nest, and will kill the others because they want their space. Then usually they'll still squabble.

Geez. I hope I have enough room in the 125 g that if anyone feels like nesting it won't lead to murder.

I would total love to do something like that. My husband want to go back to Nantucket and spend the weekend. I always think of the how the beaches are their.

I have never been. Please share what you think of the beaches there. :)

I have a few pics of the Caribbean Castle today.

IMG_0059-X2.jpg

IMG_0077-X2.jpg

IMG_0011-XL.jpg

IMG_0027-XL.jpg

LOVE the new video. None of your fish seem shy at all when it comes to food :) Glad to see the jawfish is eating well and that the chromis don't seem to be picking at each other much at all. Those molly miller blennies are hands down the cutest fish I have ever seen. The way they swim around in so goofy!

Blubbernaut

Yeah, I haven't been to Nantucket, either. But one place I have been is SF Bay.....Right now is breeding season for sevengill sharks :naughtydance:

I have never been either, hopefully in the near future we will.

I hope you do too. I hope you take lots of pictures that you could share on here. I miss seeing the ocean and playing on the beach.

LOVE the new video. None of your fish seem shy at all when it comes to food :) Glad to see the jawfish is eating well and that the chromis don't seem to be picking at each other much at all. Those molly miller blennies are hands down the cutest fish I have ever seen. The way they swim around in so goofy!

Thanks! :D The fish do go wild for the turkey baster full of yummy chunks. The blennies are so entertaining! :lol:

Yeah, I haven't been to Nantucket, either. But one place I have been is SF Bay.....Right now is breeding season for sevengill sharks :naughtydance:

Sharks ... they interfere with my enjoyment of the beach. :P

Anyone for a game of peek a boo?

IMG_0052-XL.jpg

IMG_0049-XL.jpg

New frags from Felicia!! Whoop! Whoop!

IMG_0055-XL.jpg

Glad you got the frags! That's not all of them is it? Isn't there one zoa/paly frag that isn't in that photo? Looks like some of them are opening up already which is great! Glad they seem to have made it there ok! The zoa in the back left is a freebie I threw in for you. Its a big polyp of my Ring of Fire zoas and then the two baby polyps on there are red hornets.

Glad you got the frags! That's not all of them is it? Isn't there one zoa/paly frag that isn't in that photo? Looks like some of them are opening up already which is great! Glad they seem to have made it there ok! The zoa in the back left is a freebie I threw in for you. Its a big polyp of my Ring of Fire zoas and then the two baby polyps on there are red hornets.

The frags are great! I love them. Thanks so much for the extra frag. I did not have either of those. You are so generous. :)

Tee-hee :) Awesome!

I know! They are so cute! :lol:

Here is the wider shot with all the frags included. The paly on the left is already all the way open!

I cannot wait for them to grow out even more. :D

IMG_0053-M.jpg

Great! I was worried maybe I forgot to put one in the box or something! I'm impressed they are opening so quickly. You're the furthest I've shipped corals so far and I'm glad to see they made it in one piece! The paly on the left that's open must be the mind blowing palys. I also see that the Gena D's (aka Sunny Ds), Bam Bams, and Purple Tubbs are partway open. That means the two in the middle that are still closed are the My Clementines and the Nuclear Green palys.

Btw, just wait until those mushrooms puff up for you. The one that's not on the shell is GIGANTIC! :lol:

The frags are great! I love them. Thanks so much for the extra frag. I did not have either of those. You are so generous. :)

I always like to throw in a surprise freebie or two. :D

• 2 weeks later...

How are the frags doing? I hope they're still doing good for you!

All except one are doing fine. One of the smaller frags that only had two polyps melted away. My fault prolly. I may have moved it up too fast and the Razors are really intense. I have them at 75% and may back them down a bit.

I have a mistery. Something laid eggs. I have no idea what may have done this. I noticed one of the MM Blennies looked like a tiny puffer fish all puffed up this morning and now it is less rotund around the middle. I doubt these are her eggs though because they are not guarding them. I think it may have been snails but I have never seen snail's eggs like these before.

Please take a look. They are a white, squiggly mass.

Focus to the front:

IMG_0002-XL.jpg

Focus to the back under the Paly:

IMG_0001-XL.jpg

Weird eggs! They don't look like any of the snail eggs I've seen.

Sorry to hear about the one melting away. Which one was it?

Weird eggs! They don't look like any of the snail eggs I've seen.

Sorry to hear about the one melting away. Which one was it?

They are weird. They a loose on the rock and have a shaggy appearance. IDK

The ones that are gone are the Clementines. Sadness... :(

Also, Felicia, I LOVE the blue, deep blue of the smaller Mindblowing Paly polyps. WOW!

I cannot get a good picture of it right now but I will move the frag one of these days so I can take a good pic. :wub:

They are weird. They a loose on the rock and have a shaggy appearance. IDK

The ones that are gone are the Clementines. Sadness... :(

Also, Felicia, I LOVE the blue, deep blue of the smaller Mindblowing Paly polyps. WOW!

I cannot get a good picture of it right now but I will move the frag one of these days so I can take a good pic. :wub:

Not the Clementines! Those are my favorites. They were looking super healthy before I shipped them. Hmmm... I don't have enough to frag again right now, but if you get anything else from me at some point I can definitely send you a replacement frag of them.

I got the Mind Blowing palys at a swap and I didn't think I would like them that much, but they have some great color! They're some very nice looking palys! I'm glad you like them too.

Not the Clementines! Those are my favorites. They were looking super healthy before I shipped them. Hmmm... I don't have enough to frag again right now, but if you get anything else from me at some point I can definitely send you a replacement frag of them.

I got the Mind Blowing palys at a swap and I didn't think I would like them that much, but they have some great color! They're some very nice looking palys! I'm glad you like them too.

Yes, the Clementines!! I was so looking forward to those. They were plump polyps when I put them in the tank, but they just did not like something! They got smaller and smaller and I put them back down on the sand but they did not bounce back. All that is left is the glue!!

Every one else seems to have made it though!

Thanks for the offer. I will definitely order from you again and I will get more of those and be more careful of the lighting situation. :rolleyes:

I didn't realize they were finicky about light or I would have warned you. Good to know! Some zoas are just touchier than others it seems. The My Clementines are one of my favorites color-wise but are slower growers.

I didn't realize they were finicky about light or I would have warned you. Good to know! Some zoas are just touchier than others it seems. The My Clementines are one of my favorites color-wise but are slower growers.

Good to know about the growth rate. It is best to give them lots of space to themselves then, so they can spread out without getting overrun by faster growing Zoas.

Regarding the eggs I found; I have been searching and found that they maybe Cerith eggs. What do you guys and gals think?

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/SnailEggIDF1.htm

Those looks about like your photo, so its probably the ceriths. Mine have apparently never laid eggs or I've never seen the eggs.

Those looks about like your photo, so its probably the ceriths. Mine have apparently never laid eggs or I've never seen the eggs.

Yeah, I almost missed them until I moved the rock as saw the movement of the egg masses. Geez I had no idea they were that prolific!

Here is a video comedy treat today. The fat blennies are a hoot. Here is a short of one taking bites out of the C, Prolifera anchors that grow brown and fuzzy with algae. The music is titled "Don't Eat the Starts." :lol:

Don't forget about HD it is so much better! :)

Archived