inTank Media Baskets

A Carib.Castle: Naughty Nibblers... June '15 pics/vid, Razors, 125g, diy LR

eitallent

eitallent

That gorg is gorgeous! Where did you get that one from?

I like it too. It and two other kinds came from a fish store in Fayetteville, AR called Worlds Under Water. They have really nice animals and it is CLEAN! :) I got all three PS Gorgs from them. They survived the four+ hour drive home.

I see what you did there! :lol:

You do catch on quick. That is why you are JediMasterBen.

I don't get this, and I use that salt. I think it says in the directions not to let it sit for more than 4 hours or something, its in the little booklet that comes in the salt bucket.

Hi TuLIPgirl. Well, you had the good sense to read the instructions! :lol:

I did not see the instruction booklet and I had to look it up online! I always do things the hard way and then realize how easy it really is!

I'm jelly of your gorgs.

:lol:

Put that jelly on toast for now. Lets wait and see if can keep them ALIVE. If they make it, then I will send you some peanut butter for your jelly!

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 3

Ha ha I never saw the book until I took the bag of salt out from my 1st batch, and i'm all whaaaaaaaat is this!? haha. Then i read it. :)

I see what you did there! :lol:

Ha! No pun intended!

I like it too. It and two other kinds came from a fish store in Fayetteville, AR called Worlds Under Water. They have really nice animals and it is CLEAN! :) I got all three PS Gorgs from them. They survived the four+ hour drive home.

I was hoping it was some online retailer so I could order some. They look super healthy and pretty. Nice find!

eitallent

I was hoping it was some online retailer so I could order some. They look super healthy and pretty. Nice find!

If you want to try it give them a call (479- 521-7258) and they would probably mail them to you. They get them from a company in Florida though, so Morgan (reefgardner) maybe able to get her hands on some for you. These Gorgs are fat and chunky, not like the normal sea whips and gorgs I have seen in the past.

If you want to try it give them a call (479- 521-7258) and they would probably mail them to you. They get them from a company in Florida though, so Morgan (reefgardner) maybe able to get her hands on some for you. These Gorgs are fat and chunky, not like the normal sea whips and gorgs I have seen in the past.

Thanks for the info! I have too many corals as it is, so I probably shouldn't order any but I really like them. I like that they're chunkier than the normal sea whips. I'll just admire yours for now :)

eitallent

Cool new additions! any full tank shots?

Hello, Nemo101. Thank you!

I am so happy with my macro lenses that I forget about the FTS!

D'ya see this one? It is kinda cool...

http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/eitallent/media/Caribbean%20Castle/002_zps92ee3e05.jpg.html'>002_zps92ee3e05.jpg

Here is another type of PS Gorg for you to see, Felicia. The polyps are not as lacy as the one you asked about initially.

http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/eitallent/media/Caribbean%20Castle/IMG_0011_zps8d15acaf.jpg.html'>IMG_0011_zps8d15acaf.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot! I found my first ever little star. What is it called?

http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/eitallent/media/Caribbean%20Castle/IMG_0015_zpsdef1c466.jpg.html'>IMG_0015_zpsdef1c466.jpg

That gorg is also very pretty. Definitely some nice finds :)

I think that's just a basic micro brittle star. They're super cute and you'll end up with lots of them before long.

eitallent

That gorg is also very pretty. Definitely some nice finds :)

I think that's just a basic micro brittle star. They're super cute and you'll end up with lots of them before long.

Well HOORAY! Finally a HH that I really like! Usually I get flatworms, Zoa eating nudis, isopods, etc. But I did learn my lesson.

How did this little guy get past the dips? I dip everything that goes in the tank now. Ehh Oh!

Wait a minute! I did not dip the Macros from reefs2go. Do you guys dip your macros? :mellow:

Come to think of it... How do treat your CUC's? I just acclimated them but I have never read about dipping or quarantine for CUCs. :unsure:

Well HOORAY! Finally a HH that I really like! Usually I get flatworms, Zoa eating nudis, isopods, etc. But I did learn my lesson.

How did this little guy get past the dips? I dip everything that goes in the tank now. Ehh Oh!

Wait a minute! I did not dip the Macros from reefs2go. Do you guys dip your macros? :mellow:

Yep, the little micro brittle stars won't hurt anything, so they're good HH's. I think they're super cute and you'll just see their little arms sticking out of the rocks at feeding time. They stay super tiny.

I bet you got them in the macros. The micro brittles in my tank love to live in the blue ochtodes. Not sure if you're supposed to (or can) dip macros.

I don't dip anything...I'm an awful person...

eitallent

Yep, the little micro brittle stars won't hurt anything, so they're good HH's. I think they're super cute and you'll just see their little arms sticking out of the rocks at feeding time. They stay super tiny.

I bet you got them in the macros. The micro brittles in my tank love to live in the blue ochtodes. Not sure if you're supposed to (or can) dip macros.

I don't dip anything...I'm an awful person...

:lol: Does that make you an awful person? Then I am in trouble too; for past offenses and current unwitting offenses .

I think you are a lucky person not an awful person not to dip and live to tell the tale!

:lol: Does that make you an awful person? Then I am in trouble too; for past offenses and current unwitting offenses .

I think you are a lucky person not an awful person not to dip and live to tell the tale!

Yeah, maybe not an awful person. Like you said, just a very lucky person. I really should dip but I'm always lazy about it. Luckily I've never had any issues with pests in my tank. Knock on wood! I haven't even ever seen a single aiptasia in my tank. I always make sure to inspect frags really carefully for any visible pests or issues, but then I don't bother with dipping I really should start doing that.

eitallent

You need to get a chalk basslet. Or five.

Beautiful picture! I saw your picture of him in your tank a few weeks ago and in the recent photo shoot and he is very pretty.

I will get all my peaceful fish first. The Chalk Basslets seem to be very dominant. There are a few in my LFS and the owner says even though they are smaller than the other fish in the tank they can bully every fish in with it. :lol:

So yes I def. want one (or five!) for the CCMS but it will have to wait its turn! :D

jedimasterben

Mine is not aggressive to anything else (and he has lots of choices if he wanted to take out some aggression lol) but is very fast and agile when it comes to feeding time, especially if I bust out the guppy fry.

eitallent

Mine is not aggressive to anything else (and he has lots of choices if he wanted to take out some aggression lol) but is very fast and agile when it comes to feeding time, especially if I bust out the guppy fry.

There are always fish that have special 'personalities' and break the rules of the accepted school of thought. I hope I get a kind, gentle Chalky like yours!

I really want to get my Molly Miller Blennies. They will eat algae off of rocks and sand if what I read is true. They may not be pretty but if they contribute to algae control then they will be beautiful in my eyes! :D

Quote from advancedaquarist.com article:

All of that being said, the Molly Miller blenny might best be described as a "utility fish." This not-so-fussy eater has earned a reputation as an effective aquarium scavenger; it is known to feed on nuisance algae and detritus, and is widely reputed to feed on cyanobacteria and Aiptasia spp. sea anemones. If even half of these reports hold up to truth, the Molly Miller blenny could truly be the preeminent clean-up critter of the marine aquarium fish trade. To note, it may be the first fish species to be commercially tank bred for this purpose.

The females are lighter than the males:

5_chris_turnier.jpg

eitallent

The algae is still very healthy! :lol:

The fuzzy Chitons have cleaned the rocks on the right. I will have to move them over to a high 'grass' area if they do not find their way over on their own.

http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/eitallent/media/Caribbean%20Castle/IMG_20130504_181028_101_zpsaa7a1108.jpg.html'>IMG_20130504_181028_101_zpsaa7a1108.jpg

The sand is getting cleaner and cleaner with Nunu on the job.

http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/eitallent/media/Caribbean%20Castle/IMG_20130504_181117_890_zps5564b2db.jpg.html'>IMG_20130504_181117_890_zps5564b2db.jpg

However, this little confused crab cannot seem to find any algae here.

http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/eitallent/media/Caribbean%20Castle/IMG_20130504_181133_430_zps21eacb29.jpg.html'>IMG_20130504_181133_430_zps21eacb29.jpg

eitallent
jedimasterben

Chitons will not move from the rock they are on, unfortunately, and they are incredibly difficult to remove and may kill them to try.

eitallent

Introducing the cutest ugly fish you will ever love, the Molly Miller Blenny. They are awesome, more personality than I ever expected. They hit the water eating! :lol:

Introducing the cutest ugly fish you will ever love, the Molly Miller Blenny. They are awesome, more personality than I ever expected. They hit the water eating! :lol:

Awww..he/she's great!!!! Did you get more than one?

Classic behavior :lol:

It looks to be about an 1.5" long right? It may decide to hunker down in those barnacles shells you have in there

eitallent

Awww..he/she's great!!!! Did you get more than one?

They are great! I am loving these little, hop-scotch fish. So bold and curious too. I ordered three but they only had two. :)

Classic behavior :lol:

It looks to be about an 1.5" long right? It may decide to hunker down in those barnacles shells you have in there

Yes, they are only about 1.5" and one is slightly larger. They are biting frequently and I hope that is a good sign because they tummies are a little sunken in. :( Did you have these fish? If so what did they like to eat? Did you feed them something in particular?

Nunu is a pro. I love his proboscis thingy :lol:

One of the conchs buried itself and I did not see him all day yesterday. He is still incognito today. I hope it is alright. The other guy is still hauling himself around and snuggling into the sand to nap every once in a while.

Chitons will not move from the rock they are on, unfortunately, and they are incredibly difficult to remove and may kill them to try.

I did not try to move them. I hope the just crawl over on their own. There is so much on the rock they are on they will not starve for quite a while! :lol: In the meantime I hope they will spread out to the other rocks. I have three four Chitons still. :fingerscrossed:

Archived