Coral Vue Hydros

My Aqueon Evolve 4 Reef (Pic Heavy) NEW SCAPE!

new-b-reefer

So this is the continuation of my existing reef

Transfered my picotope into this new tank i got as an xmas gift. The pico reef lives on.

Newest fts

20140412_214613_zpsz7pgmlyy.jpg

Still waiting for things to open and clear a bit. Also waiting on my new light fixture.

Current specs:

Tank-aqueon evolve 4

Lighting-stock (beamswork 11" reef bright clamp on led on the way)

Flow-stock 98gph return pump

Stock-purple pseudo, dwarf hermit crab, various micro fauna

Corals-xenia, purple mushrooms and a couple other various shrooms, zoas, kenya tree

Thanks for checking it out and thanks to my return followers :)

More pics to come as things... "evolve" ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
new-b-reefer

Finally got my new fixture. Ready for before and after pictures? :)

Here is before...

20130102_161801.jpg20130102_161755.jpg20130102_161808.jpg

Now the new light

20130102_203424.jpg

And now the new light fixture installed on the tank :)

20130102_202640.jpg20130102_202648.jpg20130102_202633.jpg

Night lights

20130102_202735.jpg20130102_202721.jpg20130102_202727.jpg

And some more tank shots

20130102_202654.jpg20130102_202701.jpg20130102_202709.jpg20130102_202743.jpg20130102_202751.jpg20130102_202800.jpg20130102_203210.jpg

Thanks for checking it out. More updates to come as always :)

QUESTION:

does the neck bend any for is it stationary? Meaning can I put it closer to the water? NEED To asap before i order. THANKS

new-b-reefer

Hello and thanks for the comploment on the tank :)

In response to the question on the light fixture, yes the neck does flex so you can adjust it closer to the water. And i must say i am quite impresses and please with this fixture. Is very bright and sturdy. Feels very well made and looks nice too. I have a 48" beamswork over my 55 gallon reef for a while now and love it also. I would.highly recomend getting this pico fixture. Cant beat the price. Got it on aquatreders for $32 and that was oit the door. Tax included and shipping was free :) also the flexible neck is sturdy so no worries about it starting to sag or bend down from where you position it.

I like that you've let the tank just overrun with only a couple coral. That's the direction I'm heading with my 15 gallon. That light looks like it was made for that tank.

• Like 1
new-b-reefer
Thanks...I will be solving this problem today. ORDERING one now THANKS

Glad to be of assistance :)

I like that you've let the tank just overrun with only a couple coral. That's the direction I'm heading with my 15 gallon. That light looks like it was made for that tank.

Thanks for the compliment. The xenia started doing really well and I prefer the natural approach, by that I mean let the little ecosystem do it's thing and let what ever dominant species flourish. Some of my other coral like mushrooms and stuff have adapted over time and just kinda make room for themselves in little patches. Every coral seems to have agreed on allowed real estate so to speak lol. And again thanks for the compliments. I was excited to get this tank and I knew I wanted this light cause it was just such a perfect fit for the tank :)

• 2 weeks later...
lol they shipped me a 15". No wonder it looks odd.

Ah bummer. Did you get itmsorted out?

I really like this tank. So much that I want to set up my spec yet again for something similar.

You so should. Anc have a thread for us all to enjoy ;)

awsome tank, i got an evolve 4 as well, i got a wave spot high output LED light and love it. how much rock do you have in there? i got about 2-3 pounds and feel like i should be adding more.

• Like 1
awsome tank, i got an evolve 4 as well, i got a wave spot high output LED light and love it. how much rock do you have in there? i got about 2-3 pounds and feel like i should be adding more.

Nice. I have I would say about 2.5lbs. Its the same rock I had in my picotope. One big rock and a few chunks of rubble :)

Love the lighting. I just picked up an evolve 4 on a going out of business sale. Which light fixture is that? Is it the Reef Bright 11"? Or the Ultra reef bright?

Love the lighting. I just picked up an evolve 4 on a going out of business sale. Which light fixture is that? Is it the Reef Bright 11"? Or the Ultra reef bright?

It is the reef bright. Not the ultra bright. I have heard some reviews from people says the ultra bright with the 3 watt leds gets crazy hot. I would imagine so with it not having a fan. I assure you I am very pleased with the reef bright 11 inch :) a perfect fit for this tank :)

• 3 weeks later...

Things still going great. Still very pleased with this tank and the lighting. A bit of algae but to be expected as the bacteria recolonizes the new surfaces

post-44725-0-52768500-1360126420_thumb.jpg

post-44725-0-12821300-1360126439_thumb.jpg

I love the tank. I just setup a 4 gallon evolve also and ordered this same light. How many fish do you have? How much water evaporates with this light? I got the 9 one watt led version. Does your salinity jump around a lot?

I love the tank. I just setup a 4 gallon evolve also and ordered this same light. How many fish do you have? How much water evaporates with this light? I got the 9 one watt led version. Does your salinity jump around a lot?

Thanks, hope to see pics of your tank soon. I have 1 fish. With the lids on the tank water evaporates very slowly. The light doesnt generate enough heat to increase the evaporation. And my light is the same as the one you ordered. 9x1watts

where did you get the light ? and who has a good price on the tank too ?

Got the light off of aquatraders. The tanks are reasonably priced at petsmart. Hope that helps.

hey new-b-reefer and genzod66 how much and how often you change water, i do about a gallon one or two times a week, but for some reason i feel like its too much

hey new-b-reefer and genzod66 how much and how often you change water, i do about a gallon one or two times a week, but for some reason i feel like its too much

I have had this same tank for a little over a year and have done water changes once every week and a half to two weeks and have had great success. Im no guru but i would say one to two times a week is a bit too frequent. if i get bust or a bit lazy and go three weeks alls i get is a bit of algae growth on the sides but thats about it. as for the filters i usually change it every other water change I just rinse it out on the off week water change.

I have had this same tank for a little over a year and have done water changes once every week and a half to two weeks and have had great success. Im no guru but i would say one to two times a week is a bit too frequent. if i get bust or a bit lazy and go three weeks alls i get is a bit of algae growth on the sides but thats about it. as for the filters i usually change it every other water change I just rinse it out on the off week water change.

cool thanks, ill adjust accordingly

Yeah I usually do 1 gallon or so once a week. Some times I skip. Keep it simple ;)

Archived