ReefCleaners.org

Innovative Marine Nuvo 38: Grand Nano (Pic Intense)

Grand Nano

Hello all, I have been a member of this community for quite some time and have never documented any of my tanks. Recently, I purchased an IM Nuvo 38 gallon and thought this would be a perfect opportunity to do a build thread. This is my 6th tank during my 10 years of being in this hobby. I started with a 12 gallon. Progressed to a JBJ Nanocube 28 gallon, then took a huge leap and set up a 225 gallon, downgraded to a Red Sea Max 34 gallon, then a 90 gallon and now this 38 gallon. All have been mixed reef tanks, but I must say that this Nuvo 38 is by far my favorite in terms of build quality and overall simplistic yet efficient design.

I hope you enjoy seeing tons of pics. Disclaimer (lol)…these first set of pics aren’t the greatest of quality as they were either taken with my crappy camera phone or with a Kodak Playsport. Pictures will get better once I get the nice camera out of the closet and charge the battery. And although I have already typed a short novel (lol), I will let pictures do most of the talking during the thread. Now, on with the show!

TANK AND STAND

Innovative Marine 38 gallon AIO (23.62x19x19)

Innovative Marine black stand (23.62x19x36)

LIGHTING

JBJ 54 watt LED unibody dimmable

CIRCULATION

1x Vortech Mp-10es

CONTROLLER

Reefkeeper Plus w/sl1 and ph probe

AUTO TOP-OFF

JBJ ATO w/aqualifter pump and 5 gallon rodi water reservoir

RO/DI UNIT

BRS 5 stage rodi w/pressure gauge and built in tds meter

ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT

Titanium heater

Piranha Float Magnet

Refractometer

Xmas present to myself, nice and wrapped.

tank3.jpg

Thank you Mr. Delivery Man..no one will ever suspect a thing. lol.

tank5.jpg

What was it you ask?

This : )

tank4.jpg

Went with well established, pest free rock and new "live" sand and came up with this rockscape.

tank1.jpg

Have since removed that middle rock to get more of an open look to the tank.

Member Gena was nice enough and very generous and gave me some free macros that included this red macro algae and some blue ochtodes.

tank2-2.jpg

went through a very short "cycle" and started transferring some of my corals that my gf was coral sitting for me. All are doing great and starting to grow.

101_0334.jpg

101_0337.jpg

101_0338.jpg

101_0343.jpg

101_0356.jpg

Thank you Mr. Delivery Man..no one will ever suspect a thing. lol.

tank5.jpg

My UPS guy does this too! haha. We give him a good tip at the end of the year in a card. We moved within the same apt. complex and he even takes care of our packages that go to the old apt. :D:lol:

My UPS guy does this too! haha. We give him a good tip at the end of the year in a card. We moved within the same apt. complex and he even takes care of our packages that go to the old apt. :D:lol:

That's cool..i just thought it was funny because there are always packages in front of neighbors' homes and no one steals them so i just thought that it was weird that i had a package under the mat. lol

Looks like you are off to a good start. Cool Frogspawn and that RBTA is sweet but would look even better with a clown swimming in it ;)

yeah, tell that to my onyx clown that has decided to make his home in the couple of torches in the tank. grrr. lol

Looks great! I also have a IM 38 and love it.

thanks...it's a great tank. i'm loving it so far.

picked up a real bright Orange wall hammer from Reefer's Cove this weekend. It's amazing and have never seen a hammer this color.

orangehammer.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived