Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Desktop Aqueon Evolve 4

Mitch619

Maybe the sand is taking some space up?

I filled it with water before I put the sand in. I guess its about 3.4? It's cool though I originally wanted to buy a 2 gallon but I saw how small it was in person and I decided to get a 4 gallon. I don't think I would ever put anything in a two gallon tank. $4 is pushing it... Only corals and inverts for this tank!

I'm seriously considering putting my Pico in one of these. The fluval spec is just soooo hard to work in. I can pick up one local, albiet more expensive than ordering one online.

I'm seriously considering putting my Pico in one of these. The fluval spec is just soooo hard to work in. I can pick up one local, albiet more expensive than ordering one online.

I was about to buy the spec. But I didn't like how small it was. Although this one is actylic, I liked the dimensions better. Plus it makes it lighter on my desk. What's so hard about the spec? Im glad I picked this one.

Consider: the spec is 2 gallons. Two very narrow, small gallons. My hand spans more than the entire front of the tank so imagine how difficult it is to fix/change/work on stuff. I can't find tongs small enough to make it any easier either :-(

Don't get me wrong, I love the tank, but it's such a nuisance to work in. I had a red hermit die and without disassembling the entire tank I can't get to it. Didn't even notice until a diatom bloom :-\

$11 shipped? Where from? That looks perfect for an idea I have bouncing around in my head.

I just noticed it was $11.99 shipped

Here

They have a lot of cool things for cheap.

Nice tank man I set up the same one a few months ago and love it.

Good luck

Thanks man, I just saw yours, It looks pretty damn cool. Have you upgraded the lights yet? I found an awesome light that fits this tank and its only $40!

Got my live rock today! I'd say its about 3-4.5 pounds. I found an emerald crab in one of the caves :D

I'd say the scape is final. What do you guys think?

418E6947-CB96-443C-9168-69AB98B9BEA8-3178-000001C60503EF0E_zpsf9a2524f.jpg

54689506-A54C-40F0-ACC7-9BDA7DADF10E-3178-000001C68EE4E3A3_zps2b0da43e.jpg

Looks pretty perfect to me. Looks like a single rock.

You said you got a light - that isn't the stock one?

LOL I said I found a light! I havent bought it yet. Check This out.

I want the 10k one because I read the 50/50 one is 6 blue leds with 2 white. And I want to be able to observe my tank and its natural colors. Too much blue drowns everything out. What do you think of the light? Its 8 watts which is more than enough to grow any softie.

LOL I said I found a light! I havent bought it yet. Check This out.

I want the 10k one because I read the 50/50 one is 6 blue leds with 2 white. And I want to be able to observe my tank and its natural colors. Too much blue drowns everything out. What do you think of the light? Its 8 watts which is more than enough to grow any softie.

Looks pretty awesome to me. I'm not a big blue fan and like it close to natural too. My ideal is still the old 14k Phoenix. Love that bulb.

Where did you get the info on the bulb combinations? One thing I am realizing is that 1:1 blue/white, when it comes to LED, still looks pretty white. I think 3:1 will be way blue though, so you're right on that. Seems like 3:2 produces a pretty perfect combination - especially when the whites are the neutral (not the cool). The only other consideration is spectrum. If those are the cool whites then I'd be wondering if the corals were getting enough red, long term... Or 420nm - but I don't think there's a pico solution to that yet.

Archived