Pod Your Reef

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

That's great RJ, like any symbiotic relationship on the reef I believe the "good" acro crabs play a beneficial roll in keeping the coral pest free and healthy. This includes nasties like AEFW, I would love to prove this one day.

Thanks for following along.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no one has pestered you to show the new sump in too long.

:P

LOL, it's more of a stand/sump/equipment area redo, the doors are delayed, everything else in done, just waiting for doors, should have pictures up by Saturday afternoon :)

There are two in the same colony, never been able to sex them, would be cool to have a family :D

Definitely some red in Coral+, I find it to be a good full spectrum bulb for the reef.

Thanks, I have had that planet for two years now, only in the last 6-8 months have I seen any substantial tabling. Picture only shows about half of it. I have been dosing B-Balance which it seems to like :)

Funny you said that, I started B-Balance last week and already my red planet is showing MUCH better color. It use to be red/brown despite my "acceptable nutrients" not its starting to show a nice green base, hopefully I up the lights and get that red green hue that makes yours look amazing. Also my SSC is starting to color up much nicer just from adding this suppliment.

I keep seeing you coral and everytime I think dump my radion and get an ATI....

Tell me about it. She singlehandedly convinced me not to toss out my ATI order for AI Hydras. She knows her lights :).

Man, looking at your lights, I think I'm going to try the same approach when I replace my bulbs. 3 Blue+, 3 Coral+. I'm running 4 Blue+, 1 Coral+, 1 Purple+ currently and it's a little too blue for my taste.

Funny you said that, I started B-Balance last week and already my red planet is showing MUCH better color. It use to be red/brown despite my "acceptable nutrients" not its starting to show a nice green base, hopefully I up the lights and get that red green hue that makes yours look amazing. Also my SSC is starting to color up much nicer just from adding this suppliment.

I think it is the missing element, pun intended, to keeping Red Planet.

What's your net water volume in the system and how much are you dosing etc?

Tell me about it. She singlehandedly convinced me not to toss out my ATI order for AI Hydras. She knows her lights :).

Man, looking at your lights, I think I'm going to try the same approach when I replace my bulbs. 3 Blue+, 3 Coral+. I'm running 4 Blue+, 1 Coral+, 1 Purple+ currently and it's a little too blue for my taste.

Im pretty happy with the 50/50 ATI B+/C+ combo, think I will leave it that way for a while. Overall spectrum looks like 16K I figure, corals have responded favourably to it. Anyway, I'm tired of messing around with these bulbs LOL.

I'm running Dave's nanobox led over my 7 gallon and the corals are loving it, so, I can't ever speak badly about led, especially if you have the right spectrums running. The key to LED is the spectrum and intensity you choose, with T5 you basically can't go wrong. I say, T5 or hybrid for Acropora dominated reef, and LED for LPS and everything else dominated reef, that's my motto. Both are awesome light sources, each have their pros and cons :)

That Red Planet is impressive. Very cute acro crab!

Thank you Mr.M, every time I see a acro crab moult I freak out LOL, I have had these guys for almost 2 years I think. Wish they would multiply but I don't think it will happen.

I think it is the missing element, pun intended, to keeping Red Planet.

What's your net water volume in the system and how much are you dosing etc?

Im pretty happy with the 50/50 ATI B+/C+ combo, think I will leave it that way for a while. Overall spectrum looks like 16K I figure, corals have responded favourably to it. Anyway, I'm tired of messing around with these bulbs LOL.

I'm running Dave's nanobox led over my 7 gallon and the corals are loving it, so, I can't ever speak badly about led, especially if you have the right spectrums running. The key to LED is the spectrum and intensity you choose, with T5 you basically can't go wrong. I say, T5 or hybrid for Acropora dominated reef, and LED for LPS and everything else dominated reef, that's my motto. Both are awesome light sources, each have their pros and cons :)

I am around 50 gallons, I only dose all my zeovit stuff at half (.5 mL/day for Xtra, and b-balance) I also cut my start down to half the recommended dose after reading your thread, I have less stringy stuff and hte coral look better but I also recently replaced my chloramines filter setup which I think is the biggest "fix" to my tank as of lately.

I am around 50 gallons, I only dose all my zeovit stuff at half (.5 mL/day for Xtra, and b-balance) I also cut my start down to half the recommended dose after reading your thread, I have less stringy stuff and hte coral look better but I also recently replaced my chloramines filter setup which I think is the biggest "fix" to my tank as of lately.

Better to dose BB twice a week 2mL with 2mL CS, and dose Xtra 3 times a week 1-2mL.

I will have to try that, out if curiously why and how does cs help bb ? Also do you dose them the same day or does it not matter ?

I will have to try that, out if curiously why and how does cs help bb ? Also do you dose them the same day or does it not matter ?

You mix them together then dose in display. Can't tell you what is chemically happening when you mix them but the CS facilitates the uptake by corals.

I have been busy converting the dresser the tank sits on into a equipment and sump area. I did it all without having to move the tank. Quite an operation but it's finally done.

This was a regular dresser with all the drawers, I painstakingly removed them and added bracing and two plywood platforms. One platform for the sump and the other for the doser and apex. I believe the stand is stronger now than it was as a dresser.

The covers are magnetic and the top and bottom can be removed separately, the aluminum cover frames have acrylic windows with a frosted edge. The Apex equipment is on a slidable platform that rolls out for accessing the plugs, wireless bridge, and the rest of all the mess LOL. The dosing vessels and ATO tank are not shown, for now they sit beside the stand, have to figure out a small cabinet for those.

Both areas are lit with RGB LED lighting so I can change the mood with the click of a button, all the lights are set to go out via the Apex at 11pm and turn back on at 6am.

So... No more rack of insanity :D

The whole stand.

14553791706_fa8cfd2739_c.jpg

Upper area, in purple.

14553793986_4273082ae4_c.jpg

Close up of the sump. Had to make yet another, used a 15 gallon Marineland tank and added baffles etc. Things are a bit crowded but it's all in there :)

14553792436_ab8189c7ce_c.jpg

Improvement from before?

:D

13572966185_f9ab7a76bd_c.jpg

So clean. Simply amazing...wow wow wow.

Your sump > my display.

Well done!

Wow. Yes. Knowing your style, the new stand definitely seems much more right than the old one :).

Looks incredible. :)

Thank you guys, this was long overdue, I do feel much better with this level of organization :D

Wow. That looks fantastic. Does the sump slide out as well?

Thanks Kat :)

No, not really any need to have the sump slide out, fair amount of room to access everything, well it's a bit tight but I can manage.

Looks great, any of tvd during pictures? I would love to see how you routed everything. And maybe a tank plus stand shot.

Archived