ReefCleaners.org

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crossing my fingers this thing doesn't leak, but come to think of it, it's in the sump so I may never know.

Mine leaks at one of the glue joints. Doesn't affect the operation but still annoying.

i've always loved the polyp pattern on suharsonois. its so random, like "hey let's put a polyp here... and here.... maybe here too" lolll

nice shots! :)

Agreed, I am taking a liking to this coral, problem is I have no where to put it ATM. It's on the sand bed for now and likely not getting enough PAR.

Mine leaks at one of the glue joints. Doesn't affect the operation but still annoying.

We it still sits in the box, haven't had a chance to run water through it even. Too bad about Vertex, they have some solid design but manufacturing is lacking in some areas. I believe it is Made in China, and they likely have little control over how it is put together.

I like the blue one

This is a Cali Tort and one of my favourites in the tank. It has two major branches ATM, each about 7-8 inches in length. I may have to frag it soon :(

Wow, nice shots!

Thank you :)

Fuzzy stix :wub:

They are addictive :closedeyes:

Cool video. SPS look awesome.

Thank you :) I still struggle to get colour temperature correct but with a iPhone and iMovie this is likely the best I will get. I played with settings till the wee hours to no avail. I think next time I will run all white light (5000K) for filming, should make it easier to colour balance in post edit. Still, it is a lot of fun playing with editing.

After much procrastination, I finally got around to making a frag rack. Now I can get some frags off the sand bed.

12309917266_7b9a69902a_z.jpg

I finally got around to making a frag rack. Now I can get some frags off the sand bed.

Of course you made your own awesome frag rack :P what else can't you do gurl!

Magnets or suction cups?

Of course you made your own awesome frag rack :P what else can't you do gurl!

Magnets or suction cups?

LOL, magnets. This way I can slide it up and down for acclimation of corals. Works pretty good, I made it because I wanted to maximize fully the one space I have available for frags. Still have frags on the sand bed though :(

After much procrastination, I finally got around to making a frag rack. Now I can get some frags off the sand bed.

12309917266_7b9a69902a_z.jpg

You should just send the frags to me :P , don't be silly there is no need to make a frag rack :)

You should just send the frags to me :P , don't be silly there is no need to make a frag rack :)

I really don't like having to have a frag rack in my tank but right now it is necessary to get them off the sand bed.

Nice looking frags! Whoever gets them will be a lucky reefer.

Thanks Indy. Two I bought, the turaki and forest fire digitata. Just going to see how they do, maybe grow them out. The rest will go to a LFS who buys them off me, I like to get them incrusting before I take them over however.

Awesome growth and color.

It really shows what dosing can do when the parameters stay stable for such a long time.

Thank you :)

A stable tank makes for happy SPS, not an easy task with a nano. The tank is 2 ½ years old now but it has had it's ups and downs, mostly in the first year. Without automation running the tank I don't think it would have SPS in it, I have come to rely on it to a large extent but I never turn my back, LOL.

Just an interesting observation, and maybe a confirmation for anyone who still doesn't believe flow is important for Acropora spp.

This A.striata stag has grown, by chance, to the outflow (laminar flow return) into the display. I expected that when it got there the flow would be too much and it would simply stop growing when it reached the concentrated high flow (~650GPH). To my surprise it did the opposite and started to branch like crazy.

The one branch that is closest to the outflow, maybe 1-2cm is getting a bit battered, however it is still growing.

12350202384_524c7225eb_z.jpg

12350268383_ed566ddf8f_z.jpg
On another note, this ORA German Blue Digitata I just fragged seems to have really taken on some colour since I placed it on the rack just below the water line. Known as a difficult coral to colour up, and I can attest to that, I can safely say it needs "very high" light, and good flow to colour up with the blue polyps. This one is under T5. Potassium at ~400ppm also helps greatly.

12349733545_a266e72155_z.jpg

Also, if you already have not done so, please vote for Mike at Micro-Reefs for the Fedex Small Business Big Grant Contest, he needs your VOTE daily until the 28th :)

Thanks for following :)

For all you ZEOvit crazies and wannabes I wanted to share with you a great product I recently discovered. My first dose 5 days ago and I can see the benefits already on my corals. Good product for any tank, the label says it all.

This is not the ZEOspur used to expel zooxanthelle from corals, this is the sister product that can be used in conjunction with ZEOspur2 to improve coloration.

12350596955_1a255390ba_z.jpg

I noticed something very similar with a couple of my SPS colonies. Some are leaning completely towards the strongest flow of water and those who are getting lots of water movement are sprouting very tight bunches of new heads.

I noticed something very similar with a couple of my SPS colonies. Some are leaning completely towards the strongest flow of water and those who are getting lots of water movement are sprouting very tight bunches of new heads.

Yup, every SPS coral is different but I can safely say most SPS do better in a strong flow regardless of the type of flow.

Archived