Cultivated Reef

added too much GFO, next morning acros RTN'd. this was around 2 month mark of the tank.

Yeah, always got the start on the low side of their recommendations. I have always used it due to our rainwater having lots of organics. Now that I am buying RODI and NSW I'll probably scale back how much I use. I use the Aquamaxx stuff also, the high capacity version.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

ever thought about putting biomedia like Seachem Matrix or MarinePure Plate / Blocks in your sump? Low maintenance, set and forget.

Might just do that too.

I'm excited to get rid of some of this coral.

ever thought about putting biomedia like Seachem Matrix or MarinePure Plate / Blocks in your sump? Low maintenance, set and forget.

I'm taking a look at that MarinePure stuff also. Damn it aint cheap! The balls are reasonable but the blocks or plate are ridiculous. The block does look better than a bag of Matrix though IMO.

• Like 2

I'm taking a look at that MarinePure stuff also. Damn it aint cheap! The balls are reasonable but the blocks or plate are ridiculous. The block does look better than a bag of Matrix though IMO.

yea, i wish i read about the MarinePure stuff before I bought like $60 worth of Matrix.

Might just do that too.

I'm excited to get rid of some of this coral.

what you getting rid of? they all look so nice in your tank. Keeeep them.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

yea, i wish i read about the MarinePure stuff before I bought like $60 worth of Matrix.

I don't need 3 hammers and 2 frogspawns each the size of a softball. Plus 3 nems Gotta go.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

Put the new aquascape in. The water is cloudy. I'll share a pic when it setlles down. There's one rock with my last remaining montiopra on it, and I don't want to chip it off, but it's very out of place.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Looking forward to seeing a few update pics :).

Once I take some of the coral to the LFS and figure out what to do with that huge rock, I'll throw some up.

Side note, my 2 bulb channel on my ATI isn't staying on. It'll flicker then go out.....

• Like 1

Once I take some of the coral to the LFS and figure out what to do with that huge rock, I'll throw some up.

Side note, my 2 bulb channel on my ATI isn't staying on. It'll flicker then go out.....

Could be the ballast?

Taking to Beyond the Reef? I am curious to what trade in value / cash they give you. You don't want to just sell them locally?

Brightwell just took out bricks and plates. They are doped with aragonite or elemental sulphur.

And I use their GFO and nitrate stones already. I had matrix, junked it.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

Could be the ballast?

Wouldn't the 4 bulb channel not work either? I'm not too familiar with it.

Taking to Beyond the Reef? I am curious to what trade in value / cash they give you. You don't want to just sell them locally?

If I take in a couple nems and some LPS they usually give me a free frag or something. Reefwise is way better in terms of credit that's for sure.

TheKleinReef

29222211945_7b0c45feb5_k.jpgAugust 29 2016 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

excuse the tupperwear up top, it has 2 anemones in it. The rock on the lower right is ruining my vision, and the rock on the far left needs to be turned 90º. But I like this scape a lot more than what it was. The hammer in the center is also massive. I might need to find a new spot for it.

The shape is also lost in the middle. urg.. -____-

• Like 6
TheKleinReef

Damn, you really changed it up, but I'm 1000% sure you get the tank looking great again.

Thank you. Those are very kind words, I hope I can get it back to what it was before.

I just made a few more small changes, and it looks even better. I'm going to wait until i get rid of some of this coral and pick up a few new pieces before posting another pic though,

• Like 1