Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jruberti's 11.4 Gallon //AI Nano Added

Jruberti

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are your stand's dimensions?

Nice build!

Thanks! The stand is 21.5" x 13.5" x 33".

Reefcleaners will send you awesome amount of what they describe you. Be prepare for a lot of clean crew! lol

Yeah, they sent me like 100 snails!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ordered 130 dollars worth of $10 frags from Mr. Coral. I placed my order on Saturday and it shipped out Wednesday and got to my door within 18 hours! I got the frags today and everything seems to be in good health. They are a lot smaller than I imagined and they all seem like they were very recently fragged, but they look nice! Can't complain about getting 16 corals for $130!

Here are some of the names of the corals I got: Pink Eyes Zoas, Pink Slash Acan, Japenese Red People Eaters, Green Hornets, Love Me Acan, Kryptonite Zoas, Super Bright Favia, Super Ultra Ric, Smokey and the Bandit Acan, Teal Ring Zoas, Kedd Redd Zoas, Rainbow Monti, Bonsai Acropora, Batman Acropora, and Lighting Bug Acropora.

I can't get any good pictures with my stupid iphone but once I get my hands on a real camera, I will make a huge update! Stupid phone makes everything look blue :(

fragss.png

Looks good.... Regardless of blown out wb.

I like the scape! :happy:

I wish I could find a white balance adjust or something but I'm sure it would still look bad because it's like a 2 megapixel camera lol

Thanks.

Do you ever wish you had made it deep enough to put the plumbing through the top?

What do you mean by putting the plumbing through the top?

The AC in my apartment was broken over the weekend and the tank got up to 84 and I lost an acan frag </3 I hope that high of temp doesn't affect anything else. AC is fixed today and temps are normal. I have some zoas, favia, acans, and some acros. Are they all susceptible to temp fluctuation?

• 2 weeks later...

Since my last update, I have mounted all my corals and put some GSP on the back glass. The corals really seem to like the boostLEDs :)

I've also decided that I'm going to need a skimmer sooner than I thought (lazy with water changes), so I was looking at the usuals...SWC, bubble magus, tunze, reef octopus and then I came across a skimmer on ebay called the SC-65. What really caught my eye was the $79.99 price tag which at first seems a little sketchy because a cheap skimmer usually means poor build quality and a crappy pump...but this skimmer uses the same pump as the SWC 120 (and many other smallish skimmers) and according to a thread dedicated to this skimmer on another forum, it has amazing build quality. The skimmer is basically a knock off of the Bubble Magus Nac 3.5 (which I owned and loved but accidentally sold with my 30 gallon) My Nac 3.5 utilized the Atman 1100 and it was far from crap lol

Pictures I've found on various forums(none of them are mine):

2b6Gp.png

After checking all the specs and reviews of the company, I ordered mine yesterday and it shipped out today. I will post lots of pictures and provide my honest opinion on it.

I went home this weekend and came back to my vortech hanging off the side of my tank, the wetside in the bottom of the tank, and the vortech still on. Long story short, my mp10 lost a fight against a snail. Once I got the snail out, it started working again :/ hope its ok.

Other than that, I just added some carbon and phosban and my skimmer gets here Wednesday :)

The skimmer has been running since Wednesday. I accidentally adjusted the bubble height a little high on Thursday and it ended up wet skimming like half the cup. On Friday, I emptied the cup and readjusted the bubble height to a more appropriate setting, and I have just let it sit since.

Here is the skimmate produced from Friday to right now, so about 2.5 days worth. Keep in my mind I have no fish yet, and I only have a few frags and snails.

2wcmpdz.png

The skimmer pump keeps sucking in my tiny cerith snails that make their way into the sump, so there are like 4 snails stuck under the bubble trap just hanging out.

Drove up to pure reef Thursday and bought a frag of candy canes, frogspawn, and a crazy nice looking SPS. I also bought a Tail Spot Blenny but he has been hiding ever since I got him :/ Hopefully sometime next week I'll have an actual camera so I can take some decent pictures but until then, here are some from my iphone.

I'm also trying out a new aquascape.

2laynbd.png

Nice update. That rock looks like it is about to fall over!

It's surprisingly very sturdy :)

I like the scape. Did you drill the rock and use an acrylic rod to hold it up?

Thanks, I'm still not sure if I am going to keep it. No drilling or anything at all. The top piece kinda fit into a hole and then I turned it to lock it into place. I could pick the rock up out of the water if I wanted to lol it stays stuck and doesn't even move if I apply pressure or shake it.

Nice man! How did you like pure reef? Im thinking about making the drive up there.

Pure Reef is amazing! Seriously the best fish store I have ever been to. It is definitely worth the drive. I've gone there a total of 3 times. Twice just for this tank!

just checked out your build, i love it! Good job on the clean build! I am doing my aio 8g as a last tank to be aio. next one will be a rimless shallow with a sump.

• 2 weeks later...
just checked out your build, i love it! Good job on the clean build! I am doing my aio 8g as a last tank to be aio. next one will be a rimless shallow with a sump.

That AIO setup is going to be sick!

Gawd I love this thread....

Such a great layout.

Keep up the good work! :happy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some better pictures finally! This will hopefully be my final aquascape. After I do some much needed tank maintenance, I will take some more. I also updated the front page picture!!

GwnPA.jpg

bnRWi.jpg

FqIxg.jpg

ClkLA.jpg

GqkNc.jpg

Q3yXD.jpg

VmlrK.jpg

EsvqY.jpg

SaVZn.jpg

Let me know what y'all think.

Archived