inTank Media Baskets

Jruberti's 11.4 Gallon //AI Nano Added

Jruberti

1. Cut a hole in the box (Check)

2. Put your junk the box (That means water, and thats what you need to do now)

3. Make her open the box (That means take pics and post to n-r.com once you complete step 2)

Yup that's how you do it....

It's a #$%* in a box!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. Cut a hole in the box (Check)

2. Put your junk the box (That means water, and thats what you need to do now)

3. Make her open the box (That means take pics and post to n-r.com once you complete step 2)

I assure you, I will put my junk in the box haha

What skimmer are you going with?

I accidentally gave away my Bubble Magus NAC 3.5 when I sold my 30 gallon...it would have been perfect for this tank... I have no idea what I am going to do for a skimmer right now, but I plan on keeping a big chunk of chaeto in the sump until I get a decent skimmer, then sectioning off the first chamber with eggcrate for a fuge/skimmer area. I really want a SWC 120 but idk if I have enough space/funds.

Hey J - which specific bulb and optics did you get in that PAR30? I'm impressed that it seems to be lighting up the tank so well.

I accidentally gave away my Bubble Magus NAC 3.5 when I sold my 30 gallon...it would have been perfect for this tank... I have no idea what I am going to do for a skimmer right now, but I plan on keeping a big chunk of chaeto in the sump until I get a decent skimmer, then sectioning off the first chamber with eggcrate for a fuge/skimmer area. I really want a SWC 120 but idk if I have enough space/funds.

Great minds must think alike man. I think I'm going with the SWC 120 for my 11.4. Although I'll need to have the sump built around it.

Hey J - which specific bulb and optics did you get in that PAR30? I'm impressed that it seems to be lighting up the tank so well.

I ended up getting 4 Royal Blue 1 Cool White with 60 degree optics. I am surprised how well the spread is on just one bulb. I think one will do the job until I get the Nano in December.

Great minds must think alike man. I think I'm going with the SWC 120 for my 11.4. Although I'll need to have the sump built around it.

I'm still trying to figure out if there is room in my sump for it. I may have to go smaller.

• 3 weeks later...

I just moved into my apartment :)

I finished the pvc plumbing today, and I added some water and sand to the DT. The tank will hopefully be up and running tomorrow, but it will just have sand and saltwater for now :P

I plan on going to get a huge peice of LR Wednesday.

Here is it's final resting place:

5eu72u.jpg

Seano Hermano

Oooh..I like where you are going with his. ;) What do you think of the BostLED? I am going to go for 3 of those (4b/1cw) over my 29g. But I am going to put them in some brushed nickel pendant lights glass white shades.

I think the AI nano is nice. But I wouldn't get it unless your spending money that was already 'extra'. Don't let the light stop you from getting other things you need or want for your tank. The dimming options are purely a luxury.

Oooh..I like where you are going with his. ;) What do you think of the BostLED? I am going to go for 3 of those (4b/1cw) over my 29g. But I am going to put them in some brushed nickel pendant lights glass white shades.

I think the AI nano is nice. But I wouldn't get it unless your spending money that was already 'extra'. Don't let the light stop you from getting other things you need or want for your tank. The dimming options are purely a luxury.

I think the Boostled is awesome, and I have that exact same combo in mine! I am hopefully getting the AI Nano as a Christmas present or something, so hopefully I don't have to spend any of my coral money haha

Nice build. I cant wait to see how it progresses.

I will update as much as possible!

-----------------------------------------------------------

It finally has water...cloudy water...but it has water!

jt6mpt.jpg

Nice video. I really like the color of the LEDs. Is that a close-up of the diodes in the beginning?

Thanks! Yeah, I just stuck the camera under them to see if anything would come out haha

Both of my bulkheads are leaking ughh. I'm not sure what to do :/

edit: I drained some of the water and re-tightened the bulkheads...hoping for the best. In the process, I accidentally took off some of my spray paint on the back, so I used some black fingernail polish to fix it, but for some reason you can still see little holes when viewing from the side (even if I cover the area with black nail polish or my hand lol); any ideas on how to fix this?

Leaks are fixed, and I added some live rock today.

2ektcw3.png

I will try to get more pics with a better camera soon. It looks way nicer in person :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looks great! I love the scape!

Thanks! I hope it'll work well for coral placement under the PAR30.

Very nice man! How far along is the cycle?

The tank has been running with water for almost a month and it has been running with live-rock for about 3 weeks.

I have tested the parameters every week, and I haven't seen any changes (Nitrites, Ammonia, Nitrates all 0).

I have some diatoms in the sump, and a little of that film algae on the glass.

Today my parameters are:

• Ammonia: 0
  • Nitrites: 0
  • Nitrates: somewhere 0 and 5

Do y'all think the tank will still go through a big cycle or can I start adding a CUC?

J - if you have been letting it cycle for 3 weeks or so and are showing those low numbers you are probably good to start adding a CuC. The cycle is going to be really easy for this guy. I added some Microbacter 7 to make my cycle a bit more solid. Did you have any ammonia spike at all?

J - if you have been letting it cycle for 3 weeks or so and are showing those low numbers you are probably good to start adding a CuC. The cycle is going to be really easy for this guy. I added some Microbacter 7 to make my cycle a bit more solid. Did you have any ammonia spike at all?

I didn't catch any ammonia spikes :/ but I just ordered a 15 gallon quick crew from reefcleaners. It's coming with 15 Dward Ceriths, 5 Nass, 9 Florida Ceriths and 3 Nerites.

I got my cleanup crew today!!!

HVFZe.png

Reefcleaners doesn't play around with their shipments. I literally got about 2.5x the amount of snails that I was supposed to (look at my sandbed). My friend is about to setup a 10g, and I definitely have some snails to spare!

Is this necessarily a good thing? With a huge amount of ceriths in your aquarium, competition for food is higher, and if something changes with your water chemistry you could have a lot of die off. I know reef cleaners does this a lot and I'm sure it's to prevent people from getting all dead snails in the mail. I could be wrong, but in my experience, florida ceriths and other marine mollusks can be very sensitive to water chemistry changes such as pH, salinity, ammonia, etc.

I like the tank. The scape looks great.

Is this necessarily a good thing? With a huge amount of ceriths in your aquarium, competition for food is higher, and if something changes with your water chemistry you could have a lot of die off. I know reef cleaners does this a lot and I'm sure it's to prevent people from getting all dead snails in the mail. I could be wrong, but in my experience, florida ceriths and other marine mollusks can be very sensitive to water chemistry changes such as pH, salinity, ammonia, etc.

I like the tank. The scape looks great.

Thanks for the info, hopefully my friend can get his tank up soon so I can give him like all these ceriths.

How long should I wait before adding frags?

Has anyone ever bought from the 10 dollar section on mrcoral.com? I'm think about getting 125 dollars worth of frags so i can get the free shipping. Think it'll be worth it?

yes i have done it quite a bit but i am also a local and have only had one shipment from him and had no problems and some nice pieces from him, some people have problems some people don't theres definetly alot of feedback on this site from mr coral.

Archived