Innovative Marine Aquariums

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

I all ways admired both this tank, and cborts 36" build (short lived though it may have been.) I'm setting up my own shallow soon enough so, you know...

bring_it_vader.jpg

Nothing like trying to win a competition you invented on the fly to inspire greatness, even though I'm going to lose :P

I all ways admired both this tank, and cborts 36" build (short lived though it may have been.) I'm setting up my own shallow soon enough so, you know...

bring_it_vader.jpg

Nothing like trying to win a competition you invented on the fly to inspire greatness, even though I'm going to lose :P

Ha fair enough. It's on! You have a thread going?

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

You're back! best news ever.

Gonna be good! Pretty excited.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok.... its time finally after some delay, rocks are cycling I am seeding them with Zeobak. Going to be checking for phosphate levels in a couple days to be sure these bones aren't leeching anything. As soon as all the levels check out they are heading into the display for some kind of minimal aquascape.

Sometime over the christmas break I will be starting the 14 day cycle. Stay tuned everyone. Likely going to be starting a new thread to keep this one in good shape.

Thanks for the patience, good to be back.

IMG_0294.jpg

• Like 3

I like the second vid more personally, not that you care, but the first got on my nerves with the piano dinga ling- ling (camera focusing in on the second ling). I need to practice of pans though, any tips? Photo Rig?

The 2nd video was crisp and showed the whole tank more, which is what I personally wanted.

Halides are definitely better for shots in this scenario IMO

• Like 1

I like the second vid more personally, not that you care, but the first got on my nerves with the piano dinga ling- ling (camera focusing in on the second ling). I need to practice of pans though, any tips? Photo Rig?

The 2nd video was crisp and showed the whole tank more, which is what I personally wanted.

Halides are definitely better for shots in this scenario IMO

It's a video camera tripod with fluid heads (Manfrotto), I own a film company so I have tons of gear. I haven't watched these videos in a looooong time brings me back. I am going to take it really slow this time around but eventually I will shoot a new video.

Awesome, looking forward to the new build. :naughtydance:

Your videos were.....fabulous man. Good to have you back.

In case if people haven't seen his tank videos,

Thanks to both of you, I am excited to get it going too... Its about time.

Annyways. Currently I am just cooking up some rock as pictured above, testing for an Ammonia spike and Phosphate, probably going to do 2 or 3 water changes over the next two weeks just to make sure all the gunk is out of there and then add them to the display.

I plan on housing a couple rock piles in the display and then storing a bunch of live rock in my sump. I want to keep the display very very open with a huge sand bed and 2 or 3 islands but I fear that I may not have enough bio filtration with that look hence filling a chamber of my sump with rock. As all of my current rock has been sitting dead for a while, I am considering adding a pound or two of new live rock to seed it all once I put it into the display, however I am going to see if dosing ZeoBak will be good enough to handle the die off and get the rock housing some bacteria colonies sooner than later. Anyone have any experience cycling a tank with old rock?

I will be using same ATI Lighting fixture and running ZeoVit system.

Probably going to start with a pair of clowns or a yellow tang and go from there.

Stay tuned, I should be sticking around these forums for a while now.

Good to be back.

• Like 1

Glad to see your back AJ!

Sweet. This will be good. Time for a new AJ tank.

Thanks guys looking forward to being back. I have been browsing a few threads on here, there are some unbelievable tanks around. ( A lot of shallow ones ) they all look amazing.

• Like 1

So although curing rock is relatively boring, ammonia peaked at about 3.0 and has dropped to 0.00 in the past week which is awesome.

I am still detecting 0.11 phosphate in the water right now and I am unclear wether this is coming from my salt mix or still leeching from the Rock... will keep an eye on it for next few days. Reason I am questioning this is because I did a water change and tested a day or so later and it remained 0.11.

In the meantime I will be picking up some Seaflor substrate in a day or two to soak in some RO water before hopefully adding all this to the display next week and starting an aquascape. If all goes well a clean up crew will be added around boxing day and my first fish shortly after.

Reefmaster1996

Awesome glad your back, check out my thread, my main inspiration wasi your shalow cube. I would test the water after mixing to see if its in the salt mix.

In the meantime my film company just posted our Annual Christmas Card to Youtube, thought I would share here.

If famous Hollywood Directors Directed Christmas Morning:

• Like 1

First time doing this in a long time:

FTS Dec 2013:

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

Went for a relatively minimal look. I have a few pounds of rock in my sump to compensate for the sparse rock work in the display.

I have a few snails, an emerald crab and a cleaner shrimp in there right now, and a pair of ORA Black Ice Snowflake Clowns in QT for the next several days, but they are both healthy and seem to be Ich and Brook free.

• Like 4

This is awesome. Your 47g is easily my favorite tank on here and the one that has inspired my newest one. I know this is going to be amazing.

Thanks it means a lot. I am excited to be back into it. Best part about the minimal rock look is its going to be easy to fill with coral...

Yes! My favorite, black snowflakes. Is this the same exact tank that you took down?

Yep, I have changed a bit of how the sump is layed out etc, but yes same glass box.

• Like 1