Top Shelf Aquatics

My 24 Nanocube w/Sunpod (2yrs)

charlie truong

CollegeNano

Surprised I'm the first to reply to this...

Amazing tank! Just Wow. I love the cascading rock on the left and the zoos growing on the back. What really caught my attention was the beautiful white/blue (?) tree like coral in the sand bed. I'm still relatively new so...What is that?

charlie truong

Thanks everyone, the branching coral is actually a Blueberry Gorgonian (i believe?). I got him from my LFS for 40, but completely love it.

CollegeNano
Thanks everyone, the branching coral is actually a Blueberry Gorgonian (i believe?). I got him from my LFS for 40, but completely love it.

Wow impressive. There has been some fire on people getting those lately. Glad yours is so successful because it looks amazing!

CollegeNano
Nice, I love your rockwork. I don't have a Gorg but whats wrong with buying them?

Not much is known about them and their care in a reef system. Most end in failure and their upkeep is supposedly demanding. At least, that's what I've been getting from all the flames.

Not much is known about them and their care in a reef system. Most end in failure and their upkeep is supposedly demanding. At least, that's what I've been getting from all the flames.

My LFS has them a lot. Their display tank has quite a few of the blue gorgonians. He feeds them DT's oyster eggs daily. I've heard to keep them alive longer, you'd have to feed them almost 24/7 with a dripline directly at them.

I'd really like to have one too but it just sounds like too much work. Some gorgonians are photosynthetic I think.

Wow,

amazing tank, that Blueberry Gorgonian is simply beautiful! My g/f saw it and told me i'm getting her one of those for my tank(how the hell does that work?)

How's your exp. been with it? How long have you had it?

My LFS has them a lot. Their display tank has quite a few of the blue gorgonians. He feeds them DT's oyster eggs daily. I've heard to keep them alive longer, you'd have to feed them almost 24/7 with a dripline directly at them.

I'd really like to have one too but it just sounds like too much work. Some gorgonians are photosynthetic I think.

Even then they slowly fade away. My lfs always has to replace the ones in their display tanks.

charlie truong

Thanks everyone for the comments.

About the Gorgonian, I only had him for about 2 months, so hopefully they survive the upcoming years. Anyways, I try to target feed them with DT's oyster eggs along with couple drops of LiquidLife's BioPlankton every week or so. Overall, its unexpectedly been expensive with all this filter food stuff (college student eating cup of noodle, while the fish and coral eat fine seafood everyday) ;)

charlie truong
wow that is a beautiful seahorse. How's the pair doing?

The girl is doing wonderful, she eating out of my hands, but I mainly target feed her with a probe, but the guy is a bit stubborn but he's still eating.

Hey I was wondering... which bulb are you using in your sunpod? How is the growth? Colors are amazing!!

I've been running Phoenix 14k for the past 2 yrs. I have tried Hamilton 20k, but just didn't like the blue look. Overall the growth has been great. However, I do run the lights 10 hours a day (free utilities) :) I think part of the growth factor is I change water every week, I don't dose or even test anything but I do feed with bioplankton, oyster eggs, and marine snow every week when I feed the fish.

Archived