inTank Media Baskets

My new CADLIGHTS 5g nano w/ 24w T5 lighting

Kombucha

This is my first nano tank and I just got it delivered to my work about an hour and a half ago. I couldn't wait till tonight, so i had to open everything up and take some pics for you guys to see. This tank normaly comes with 12watts of 50/50 T5 lighting and I didn't even know it could be upgraded to 24watts of 50/50 T5 lighting until I made a phonecall. Let me just say that CADLIGHTS sure does everything to please their customers.

post-26005-1171650684_thumb.jpg post-26005-1171650706_thumb.jpg

post-26005-1171650850_thumb.jpg post-26005-1171650863_thumb.jpg

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are your plans for this little guy? I mean as far as stocking it.

Well this is my first nano-reef tank so, I'm still in the process of reading a lot and researching. I'm getting my rock and sand this weekend, so in the weeks it takes to get my levels right I'll narrow down exactly what it is that I want. Any pointers or advice? :D

sweet tank, can you get that in black background? can you also tell me how much it cost?

You have the option of black or a blue background when you order it. The original cost was $140.85. $119.99 for the tank and $20.86 for shipping. Now this was the cost with 12watt of 50/50 T5 lighting. To get the 24watt 50/50 T5 lighting it's about a $50 upgrade.

That is going to be once nice lil work tank Sweet.

I sure hope so! :naughtydance:

Here's a photo of it all set up. It's got a nice glow to it! :happydance:

post-26005-1171681936_thumb.jpg

looks to be a great tank. Ouch about the ridiculous price for the 2x6watt flo upgrade though. =/

i agree. not even ho :x

Sorry guys, but I'm not positive about that upgrade price actually. They don't have the price listed on their website yet. To make a long story short, there was some shipping issues where DHL couldn't pick my package up from CADLIGHTS to meet the shipping date (cause of the huge snow storm in New York). So inorder to meet that date they split the overnight shipping cost with me which was $90 and threw in the light upgrade for free. Not bad huh? B)

really nice dude

Thanks man. Your name is peter right? :D

i think i found my tank for setting up at work, im thinking the 22G one though

They are exceptional tanks. I'm really please with the quality and the customer service CADLIGHTS offers! You won't be disapointed!

Well today I finally got my LR rock and sand. I got my fiji pink sand from a local fish store and my LR from 2 fellow reefers in the area. What you think?

post-26005-1171845897_thumb.jpg post-26005-1171845924_thumb.jpg

now this is T5 NOs right? still looks great!. I need to check out their site again. i didnt realize they had such great customer service.

From the pic I can't really tell it's pink. How's it look IRL?

Do I see GSP, a mushroom & some yellow polyps? Lookin' good!

It's not that noticable really. It has only a slight pinkish tint to it. And yes what you see is correct. They all came attached to the LR I bought today along with some type of snail. Oh and that rock in the front left has both yellow polyps and zoos. :happydance:

now this is T5 NOs right? still looks great!. I need to check out their site again. i didnt realize they had such great customer service.

yeah they are. thanks.

again wow. looks very nice keep up the good work and keep the pics coming

Thanks! There will be plenty of pics to come!

how well did they ship it? i mean packaging wise. Cuz i have just fell in love with their 22 curved glass with the 6 24 watt HO T5 lights. im just worried of it getting cracked during shipping. very reasonable prices though. im debating between a 29 gallon biocube or this tank.

how well did they ship it? i mean packaging wise. Cuz i have just fell in love with their 22 curved glass with the 6 24 watt HO T5 lights. im just worried of it getting cracked during shipping. very reasonable prices though. im debating between a 29 gallon biocube or this tank.

It was packed pretty well, atleast nothing was broken. The tank and the lights were each in seperate boxes placed inside of a bigger box surrounded with styrofoam and some packaging peanuts.

Archived