in my 10 years of reefing, i have never had any moon light on any of my tanks.
Is initial set up on T5 cost much more than LED?
which one is easier on electricity cost, LED or T5? Is it a big difference?
How do I choose which wattage for each T5 bulb and which color?
Is there a out of the box and plug and play T5 fixture that very good?
Is T5 light intensity also controllable as LED?
what are some of the good manufacturers for T5 bulb and fixtures?
1. Initial setup cost - T5 is a little old technology than T5 therefore you wont find that many fixtures out in the market where LED is flooded. so Yes, initial cost might be a little bit more to get a T5 fixture than an LED unless you can go for a used fixture
2. Electricity is just a tiny little bit more on T5. However in the end, it will be less. because LED has a tendency to burn corals than T5. when corals are bleached or dead that means more money out of your pocket.
3. wattage is fixed for length of bulb. for 24" bulb =24w, 36" = 39W, 48" = 54w...etc.
4. T5 fixture is usually out of the box, they are plug and play unless you have one of those ATI dimmable fixture
5. Intensity: Yes, with ATI dimmable fixture, you can dim at any level you want from 1% -100%.
6. good manufactures: ATI, aquaticlife.