Pod Your Reef

Got my BC29 today......

TEALCOBRA

Yeah, I would definitely NEVER do that.... I was at the LFS today and couldnt pass up the yellow gorgonian they had on sale.....

fts12.23.jpg

You can also see the output that I directed at the anemone.... :lol:

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank looks Awesome!! I got a crocea I am putting on Friday, seeing yours makes me all the more antsy to get mine in. Also ordered up some sun corals how are yours doing??

I dont have any sun corals, but everything else in the tank is doing GREAT.... I couldnt be happier. :)

DUHO!!!!! thought those yellow spots above the clam were sun corals!!

Nope... they're neon candy cane.... theyre AWESOME corals, but seem to screw up the camera when im trying to take pics because theyre almost too bright... I had some yello and some green candy canes, and theyre still in the tank, but a local guy was selling his HUGE neon one, it was twice the size of the one in my tank for $40, so I split it with a guy from my work, so that huge piece of candy was only $20. :D

I counted 32 mouths on my one piece, and I gave the bigger piece to my buddy at work since he has such a larger tank.

Heres with all 4 bulbs

candycane4.36.jpg

And only Actinics

candycaneactinic.jpg

I love your tank teal, someone was asking about a sun coral i have one that was given to me and wow it is a great piece i thought i would have to feed it to often but ihas been fine with being feed twice a week and it is growing pretty fast.Sorry not tring to steal your thread. Once again your tank is top notch. You did the 4.36 upgrade from nanotuners right?

Yeah, theyre pretty damn bright.... If you want, once it gets bigger I was thinking about fragging it, if youd like I can shoot a frag out to you.... I assume it might be a good size in spring, so if we can worry about it then. :D

Yeas I have the 4.36 mod done to my tank.... I was playing with the idea of going MH, but everything seems to be doing unbelievable so I dont really see the need to drop $300 on a MH retrofit kit at the moment....

Heck yeah!! :D So your crocea is kept under pc lighting?? I just upgraded to MH for my 8 and was reading up on clams before this weekend when I go pick mine up, they say they are the most light demanding clams. Of course I started to rethink if I had enough light to sustain it. How long have you had yours for?? Seems like it has good mantle extension and isn't gapping so i would assume its doing good!! I'm sitting up here in Quebec city not even able to check out the new lights i just got, but when I get back I am jetting to the LFS for my clam and sun corals!!

I got him on December 16th, I know its not long at all, but so far so good.... My friend at work has had his under PC lighting in a 55 gallon for over 4 years....so I didnt know who to believe... So I decided just to give it a try... if it ever comes down to it I can bring him to someone with MH lighting, or I may eventually switch to it anyways...

I just went straight across from the line that was put there by oceanic.... It's not really lowering the line, allowing more water through it, its just widening it to allow the flow to be more spread out (and allowing more water through faster...)

Just cause im really bored.... New FTS's.... I got some shrooms from a guy at work, I have some red ones, some furry green ones, some blue ones, and some light green ones with dark green stripes on them.... theyre in the right front corner of the tank, and also a few more on the left side.

fts12.27.2.jpg

And heres a side shot..... gives you an idea of the overhang i made in the rock.... It doesnt look like much from the straight on shots, but its only like 3" from the front glass pane.... just enough to squeeze the mag-float past it.

fts12.27.3.jpg

Everything seems to be doing really good in there.... the shrooms REALLY open up once all the lights are on, theyre almost too big in there, but we will see. :D

I had to get as much stuff into the tank as possible, especially since Rob is back now. :lol:

I had to get as much stuff into the tank as possible, especially since Rob is back now. :lol:

Now, I thought I said NO work while I was gone... :lol: The tank is looking great though I see you are copying my stock plan again with that clam!!! At least my rock scape will be dramatically different so people will be able to tell the tanks apart! :lol:

Did you have any thoughts on my little rock with all the tube worms in it??

-R

Copying your stocking list ?!?!? I see I got to these forums before you did... :lol::lol:

I posted in your thread about that rock... they sell it for alot of money around me, I would try my best to keep it alive. I cant wait to see what you pull off with your aquascaping, should be good.

I didnt ever really plan on a clam until I talked to the guy at my work with the 55 gallon tank who has kept his under PC lighting for more than 4 years, so after talkin to him I decided to take the plunge. If it ever shows signs of stress it'll be getting traded to someone with some MH lighting.

I know.... I know.... just givin you a little trouble. :D I had just dicided on going with a true perc, then the next day you posted your pair, then I had decided I wanted to do a clam too before I left for vaca, and then sure enough I get back and voila you got one!!! :D I'm just jealous is all! Though I'm thinking about a jawfish, I got to see one in the wild last week diving...he was pretty cool!

-R

I saw a really cool blue spotted jawfish at the LFS but it was REALLY expensive, and I thought you need like atleast 4" of substrate to keep a jawfish, and I didnt really want to get that crazy. :lol:

On a side note, I think I could use more flow in my tank, but im still hesitant about stuffing a 6025 into this tank..... I think I may get one just to try it and if I cant get it to work I'll just sell it. I just HATE the way a maxijet looks on the glass or back wall...... I think it looks BRUTAL.

that's an interesting point on the jaw fish :huh: I guess more research, no way am I doing a 4" substrate especially since I'll be squeezing about 34 lbs of rock in the display!!!

I found a piece of dead hammer or some other kind of coral that made a nice "U" shaped curve and I'm setting that in place in front of the tunze, I'm expecting it will limit the amount of current going down, and kinda help control the current a bit. it is drying right now, I used a bit of silicone to try to keep it in place, I'll try to shoot a pic of it for you to see....it seemed to work pretty good in the testing phase

-R

Still waiting for my pics Rob. :lol::lol::lol:

On a side note, I just found out that my stupid Red Sea Marine test kit was off..... I thought that I was getting an amonnia reading in my tank, so I did a 5 gallon water change.... checked it a few hours later, and STILL had ammonia... WTF ?!?!? :huh:

Use the kit to check my RO, .25 ammonia.... check some tap water, .25 ammonia, check some bottled water, .25 ammonia....

Check it with a Salifert kit, ZERO.

Stupid test kit. :lol:

Still waiting for my pics Rob. :lol::lol::lol:

On a side note, I just found out that my stupid Red Sea Marine test kit was off..... I thought that I was getting an amonnia reading in my tank, so I did a 5 gallon water change.... checked it a few hours later, and STILL had ammonia... WTF ?!?!? :huh:

Use the kit to check my RO, .25 ammonia.... check some tap water, .25 ammonia, check some bottled water, .25 ammonia....

Check it with a Salifert kit, ZERO.

Stupid test kit. :lol:

I hate test kits....I just wish I could afford KH meter, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, calcium, etc.... I saw one that you could setup with all those, but it was something like 4k for it :angry: I'll shoot a pic of the hidden tunze (it only protrudes about 3/8" into the display...super sweet!!)

-R

Archived