Cultivated Reef

Got my BC29 today......

TEALCOBRA

Hey, I did something !! Popped out the false bottom in chamber one, and put my heater in there. No more ugly heater in the back!!

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am noticing that my biocube is running between 80 and 83 degrees, it is texas but my apt is usual around 78. Am I going to have to invest in a chiller, how do you install one in the biocube? Do you have to add an additional pump in the third chamber?

Also, if I did the nanotuners 1.44, has anyone really noticed their tank temp dropping 1-2 degrees as reported on their website? Would this help me out enough to avoid the chiller?

Thanks

With your ambient temps running 78 degrees your tank is going to hit those 80's on a regular basis. Those are warm, but not unlivable IMO. I try to keep tanks from having large swings more than anything. I didnt notice a real large temp drop with the upgraded lighting.... But that could just be my experience.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree. Great thread.

Is everyone that has upgraded to the 6HF using the larger Eheim tubing as TEALCOBRA shows here?

newpump1.jpg

I purchased the Rio 6HF, but decided to try the existing tubing and elbow. It's a tight fit, but it will fit on there. However, I'm getting less water flow than the stock pump. I'm assuming it's because of all the pressure the smaller tubing is causing, but not positive about that. Is anyone else using the 6HF with stock plumbing and getting more flow? If I have a bad pump, I want to exchange it ASAP. If it's the tubing, I'll just grab some and see.

Thanks!

just ditching the 90 degreee angle is going to give you way more flow. Also the smaller tubing will create back pressure restricting flow.

• 1 month later...
just ditching the 90 degreee angle is going to give you way more flow. Also the smaller tubing will create back pressure restricting flow.

ding ding that the winning answer.. ditch the 90

• 4 months later...

Great info on the BC29.

I am setting mine up now using most of this information.

(the modding of the stock filter seems like a waste of time, I just threw it out)

thanks again everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived