inTank Media Baskets

[Stock] lgreen

lgreen

Today will be another DOUBLE update day!

I just recieved an amazing shipment from MVITE so that will be the freature of the second update that I will post later today when everything opens up.

First though is a few things from the last few days!

Updated shot of Six's Gallaxia all opened up:

Six_s_Galaxia_Fully_Open.JPG

Stupid camera messed up the colors. It is actually much more colorful than that. New camera in 1-2 days though, so we'll fix that!

Pulsing Xenia (this shot turned out kind of neat. Cant see the glass, looks like I took it in the water):

pulsing_xenia2.JPG

Anthelia:

Anthelia.JPG

Tons of baby Gallaxia's that I busted off when unpacking the coral. All are doing well though:

gallaxia_babies.JPG

I'll have more update pics of the rest of the stuff I got from Six all opened up.

This is kind of getting disorganized for me, so I need to find a way to get all these pics kind of more in order so they aren't just random all over the thread. Maybe I'll post a nice shot of each coral in my first post.

Update 2 in a while:

Excellent Shipping:

box_from_mvite.JPG

Thanks Mark! You're speciall too :huh: lol. OH, look, you can see a paper that says dental plaque in the right top corner. Neat. Reminds me that I need to finish writing a paper! :scarry:

More pics in a while.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all.

I think my indicator corals (anthelia, gps, xenia) are letting me know I'm about ready for a water change.

Hopefully mvites stuff will be ready for a pic tonight, but if not, tomorrow.

New FTS today or tomorrow. Things are looking pretty good, but the true test will be if I can get some growth.

UPDATE

Tiger Astrea Snail:

tiger_astrea.JPG

Six's Pink Star Polyp:

six_s_psp.JPG

Here's the stuff I got from mvite. He had this stuff under metal halide so the colors are night quite as intense, but I'm sure they'll color up a bit more after they get established.

Mint Palys:

mvite_s_mint_palys.JPG

RPE (slight bit of red, still have some coloring up to do):

mvite_s_RPE.JPG

Blue Palys:

mvite_s_blue_palys.JPG

PPE (2 large polyps, a small splitting, and another baby):

mvite_s_PPE.JPG

Lunar Eclipse Paly (neon orange, with deep purple center)(they're still a bit ticked off and need to color up a bit):

mvite_s_lunar_eclipse_palys.JPG

AND

I think that will be enough corals for quite a while.

This will be my official FTS for October:

FTS_8.JPG

Click below for larger shot:

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/data/500/FTS_8.JPG

Yeah it is. Faster than I expected. I guess I went a little crazy there.

My new camera came today. I'm trying to finish a big ass paper though and get ready for a presentation on dental plaque biofilms that I have to give tomorrow in microbiology, so I'm not really going to play with it much tonight. I still need to get an SD media card for it too before I can start snapping pics.

Thanks

The lunar eclipse palys are not doing well. There were origionally 5 or 6 and now I think I'm down to 2. I'm losing confidence the other 2 are going to make it. Everything else looks fine, so I'm assuming they just must not have taken well to my tank.

The anthelia has poked out like 5 new heads and the start polyp has about 1 cm growth, which is not to bad for 2 weeks.

I will get some new pics up w/ the new camera as soon as I buy an SD media card. Waiting for one to go on a good sale.

Updated pics of mvites stuff. Haven't bought a memory card for the new camera yet though, so these are from the crappy sony. sorry.

mvite_PPE.JPG

mvite_mints.JPG

mvite_blues.JPG

mvite_rpe.JPG

mvite_lunar_eclipse.JPG

mvite_s_lunar_eclipse_palys.JPG
mvite_rpe.JPG
These are my favorites of your "crop" so far. I'm interested to see how they fair throughout the contest. I really like the second ones. I wonder if they will pale and become very fluorescent green in the middle? Hopefully that blue tint holds on and moves out through the tentacles. Those ones in the first picture could be really nice if they'd keep that bright orange. Maybe they will?

What brand of memory card does your camera take? Some of the cards are really expensive! I bought a 1GB xD card for my camera and it was $50. But I guess a year ago it was $100 plus, mmm so yeah.

Looking good! :D

These are my favorites of your "crop" so far. I'm interested to see how they fair throughout the contest. I really like the second ones. I wonder if they will pale and become very fluorescent green in the middle? Hopefully that blue tint holds on and moves out through the tentacles. Those ones in the first picture could be really nice if they'd keep that bright orange. Maybe they will?

What brand of memory card does your camera take? Some of the cards are really expensive! I bought a 1GB xD card for my camera and it was $50. But I guess a year ago it was $100 plus, mmm so yeah.

Looking good! :D

Yeah, I think those second ones are supposed to be RPE, despite them not being a dark red. Everything else I got though looked kind of faded when I first put it in the tank, but slowly has been coloring up, so I don't know what will ultimatley become of them.

The first ones seem to be keeping the bright orange pretty good. They should have a center that is deep purple just like the PPE's. Still a bit faded though, but who knows what will happen over the next few weeks as they finish getting settled in.

I need to get and SD memory card. I'm thinking about running down to compusa here in a while. They have a 2pk of 1gig PNY SD cards on sale for like $29.00 after $40 instant savings and $10 mail in rebate. I'd be fine with something much smaller as I don't take tons of pictures, but that seems like a pretty dang good deal. They had some still when I was there monday, so hopefully they will still have some.

First shots with the Nikon D50. This is the first time I've used it, so bear with me for a few weeks while I figure out how to use it.

Finally a camera that shows my corals true colors straight off the memory card.

gsp21.JPG

babyanthelia.JPG

^About 10 new heads in only 3 weeks

blues3.JPG

PPE.JPG

lunar_eclipse.JPG

pulsingxenia.JPG

redmushroom.JPG

stardust.JPG

watermellons.JPG

More later if I get bored and decide its time to play with the camera more.

Oops one more.

gsp11.JPG

Updated shots of what I already have w/ the nikon d50. Check out the coralline coloration in some of these pics. I didn't even know some of these colors of coralline algae existed.

FTS Right Side

FTSR1.JPG

FTS Left Side

FTSL1.JPG

Anthelia

anthelia1.JPG

Galaxia Baby

galaxiababy.JPG

Mint Palys

mintpalys.JPG

Link to Full Size: http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/data/500/mintpalys.JPG

More GPS (w/ little turquoise mushroom)

moregsp.JPG

Orange 2

orange21.JPG

Orange 1

orange1.JPG

Red Green Mushroom

redgreenmushroom.JPG

Pulsing Xenia Closeup

pulsingxeniacloseup.JPG

I think there are a few more little frags I have not posted pics of or new pics of, but am having trouble getting good pics of due to their size. I'll keep trying though.

Archived