Coral Vue Hydros

[Custom] Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

Ya, im near a wall mart..... now i just need a ride :)..

Got one!!!

pics later today... (hopefully)

ok... just started testing it on a peice of acrylic to make sure i like the color

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fishfreak218

ok, just finished.. now i got to go let it dry...

EDIT**

after it dried.. i unwrapped the tank (it was wrapped in Newspaper to prevent the pain getting everywhere)

then i covered the entire back wall in painters tape so that the paint couldnt get scratched off

Fishfreak218

The tank should be up by tomorow]

also.. im thinking i might add another anemone that will actually host a clownfish.. just dont know how well thats gonna work cause of Chemical Warefare and stuff..

ReefApprentice
I hope you decided against the fiddlers.

You've been a negative nelly this morning.

Fishfreak218

Ok,

well first this morning...

i went to the store.. got some sand.. 2 clownfish (i'll tell you what kind later ;) ).. and 10g. of SW...

so i run home and start putting the tank together...

first sand goes in.. then i put rock in (some from FOWLR, some from Seahorse tank)

then i put in a heater (found an extra :) ) and put in the MJ 600.. the Flow is perfect for the tank!!

So i am trying to get the rock anemones off there rocks.. and its NOT working.... the only reason i didnt want to just leave it on the rock is b/c the rock had Xenia.. so i decided.. hell.. i'll just scrub off the Xenia...

well i put a glove on.. moved the rock w/ xenia, anemone, codium, And a mushroom.. into a bucket of tank water... first i tried a "grab and yank" technique.. that didnt go over so well.. anyway a few minutes later the rock was Xenia free... and in the process i almost threw up 2 or 3 times... yeah Xenia smells horible!!!

so then i started adding water.... turned on the heater and powerhead.... added clownfish and some frags... then turned on the lights and am now waiting for the storm to blow over :D

oh and in the process i broke me drawer :)

Pics coming up soon

BTW one of the anemone shrimp is MIA :shrugs shoulders:

CG Nano,

why do you hope i went against them?

Fishfreak218

it fell into a bubble coral.. it used to be half of that :)

i got it from Petco.. you may have seen my thread along time ago about it :) there is a bigger one also..

Ok cool. So are you planning on adding 3 flower anemones? Also, what kind of anemone shrimp are you getting?

texx

ps-I FINALLY posted pics! lol

Fishfreak218

the plan is 3 flower anemones but i might just add 2 and then an anemone that will actually host.. (if i can find one the right size. it would have to be a BTA though cause of the lighting and the size of the tank)

the anemone shrimp im getting are Periclimenes brevicarpalis

and Sexy shrimp

also the clowns i got are A. Nigripes.. here is a pic.. these guys arent very common.. which is why i liked them :) .... common names are Maldives Clownfish, Nigripes Clownfish, Black-footed Clownfish, Rose Skunk Clownfish

2vuwmfn.jpg

i wouldnt house both of them in that small of a tank. just too much imo. also, for the contest you may want to rescape it a bit since the competition is going to be insane. tanks got potential though. keep it up. :)

Fishfreak218

i think i need more rocks .. but idk yet.. i kinda like the open look.. theres only like 3 rocks.. so there isnt much aquascaping choices and yes.. it is small for them.. but i had no better place to put them (all other tanks are occupied).. i scence upcoming changes...

aka more rocks, new fish, better lighting, and, just added, MORE FLOW!!!

lol i added an Aquaclear 20 to help with better flow and filtering out the crud from the sand (the maxi-jet was just moving it around)... so there is carbon now.. which should help :)

WarEagleNR88
i think i need more rocks .. but idk yet.. i kinda like the open look.. theres only like 3 rocks.. so there isnt much aquascaping choices and yes.. it is small for them.. but i had no better place to put them (all other tanks are occupied).. i scence upcoming changes...

aka more rocks, new fish, better lighting, and, just added, MORE FLOW!!!

lol i added an Aquaclear 20 to help with better flow and filtering out the crud from the sand (the maxi-jet was just moving it around)... so there is carbon now.. which should help :)

Page 3 ALREADY!? :D I'm looking forward to your progress fishfreak.

Archived