inTank Media Baskets

bye BC29, hello 144w T5 Cadlights 22!

mullman

I should have my move completed tonight, pics ASAP...

Sweet. I am looking forward to seeing more setups of this tank. By painting the back black, do you mean you want the blue background to become a black background? If so, why didnt you just order a black one in the first place?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet. I am looking forward to seeing more setups of this tank. By painting the back black, do you mean you want the blue background to become a black background? If so, why didnt you just order a black one in the first place?

Well honestly I got the first of the updated setups (144w) and that was not listed as an option at the time. I want some type of background so you cannot see the wires (lights, and heater) running down the back of the tank. It looks pretty cool, IMHO with the blue cell cast filtration unit, and back background.

Hey guys,

I been out of the forums for a while since my tanks stabilized. I stopped adding corals and fish to it. i got about 6 corals and 6 fishes. My tank is the 22g cadlights 86w. the tank is pretty much self sufficient and everythings growing very well with practically minimal maintenance. My water parameters stay perfect all the time.

Mullman: WOW you got the new 22g 144w T5HO set-up? nice. i was looking at that but i am quite happy with my 86watt nano with the LPS corals and Crocea clam i got. they are giving me an option of upgrading my light for $175 more but i think the 86w set-up gives me enough light as it is.

i cant wait to see some pics of the new tank set-up you got.

nano-man,

Help me out here. I just read your post about your Cadlights tank. You mention that you have the 22gal w/ 86 watt lighting. Did you recently purchase this tank? Or, is it an older model? I am assuming that you recently purchased it, because you said you looked at the new model with 144w T5 HO lighting, but decided to go with the 86watt package.

I am a bit confused because the only 22gal tanks on the Cadlights website with lighting included are the new model with 144watts, and the other model which lists the light fixture at 56watts. (four, 14watt bulbs). Is there a 24" light fixture from Cadlights thats 86watts that I don't know about?? I don't believe the 56watt model is a typo.

Please help.

I bought this model about 3 months ago and they upgraded it to the 144w for about the same price as the 84 watt that they used to have. I called them and they offered to take the old lights back and if i payed a bit extra, they would switch for the new 144w one. But i decided to stay with the 84w system because my corals all seem to be doing pretty good. Basically the 84 watts lighting that i have right now is the 4 x 14w (56watt strip) plus a separate 2 x 14 watt (28 watt strip) side by side, its not one 86 watt 6 bulb strip.

The 56 watt set-up is mainly for fish and some LPS softies.

nano-man,

Help me out here. I just read your post about your Cadlights tank. You mention that you have the 22gal w/ 86 watt lighting. Did you recently purchase this tank? Or, is it an older model? I am assuming that you recently purchased it, because you said you looked at the new model with 144w T5 HO lighting, but decided to go with the 86watt package.

I am a bit confused because the only 22gal tanks on the Cadlights website with lighting included are the new model with 144watts, and the other model which lists the light fixture at 56watts. (four, 14watt bulbs). Is there a 24" light fixture from Cadlights thats 86watts that I don't know about?? I don't believe the 56watt model is a typo.

Please help.

• 1 year later...
Sorry about my post, I was just trying to get some info by someone that had a tank I was looking at....

Some of us may not have room for a 55 gallon tank, and by no means do I plan on being a master reefer because I am looking to get a 22 or 30g tank. I thought I would get something that my daughter can enjoy as well as the rest of my family..

Sorry for being a newb and asking question on an informational forum... Remember we all had to start somewhere....

If you are doing it for your daughter that is great. There are some soft corals that have good color. You can stay with the stock lighting and do nothing but dump the bio balls. I have two nano's and a 120 gallon. One of the nano's are for my kids. It has very little done as far as mods. I have softies. plate corals, and lps corals and all is great the kids love it. the Fish and rock add to the color. It was well worth the money. There are endless mods for all of the tanks out there. It comes down to what you want.

Archived