ReefCleaners.org

[Stock] Pico1

pico1

Nice tank Pico, great balance, great selection of corals! Wish I could find place for a plate myself, looks fantastic even with the slight scar. :)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW Thats a beauty. Wish I could find livestock of that quality anywere near St. Louis . Looks like this will be a tough one to judge its gotta be a hard decision, glad I dont have to do it.

Tank looks great, I have been thinking about ORA naked clowns for my sps nano.

I think a pair of clowns would be a total chick magnet at the dorms though. lol.

Tanks are always chick magnets....I used to have 100 gal tank in my room with a 12" panther grouper....Girls used to come over and be like "opps I think my panties fell in the fish tank!"

Thanks Calvin! I am the kind of person that likes everything to be balanced and symmetrical. The plate coral is doing better every day (nitrates are at 0).

NanoJoy & Rene, thanks! I've found that you get the best livestock when you trade and buy from other local reefers. Ather interesteing thing I realized was that everything in this tank is aquacultured except the plate coral and the fire shrimp.

I think the most interesting part about this contest is that many of the stock entries looker nicer and overall much healthier than the custom's ;)

Thanks Travis! The tank is doing very well even though it dropped down to 68 when I left the window open one night :slap: I added a TON of new stuff and things are starting to show good growth! Nitrates are still at 0 with the bio-wheel. I'll post a FTS soon. Here are the new additions.

derasa clam (a test to see if they can really thrive under PCs) I feed live phyto, rotifers, and DT's oyster eggs. It's an ORA clam BTW.

10008-2.jpg

tonga blue shroom

10013.jpg

more UFO alien palys, praying mantis palys, flaming meanie greenie zoas, and more blue zoas

10012-2.jpg

floorlord's palys

10011.jpg

more blastos

10009-2.jpg

more cloves

10007-1.jpg

two head frogspawn

10005-1.jpg

mean green zoas

10001-1.jpg

I also forgot to mention that I installed 2 blue LED moonlights. There is some awesome flouresing going on at night! I'll try and get some pics of that soon as well.

wow, thanks everyone! I don't have access to a camera tonight but so you guys know I'm not cheating I'll atleast list my last additions. I added a blue chalice, a lepastria, and a favia.

Dude, tank is off the chain, meng!

the paly's look better under your lighting then mine, that's for sure!

The Paly's you gave me have probally grown 5-6 times over what you gave me, I dig them alot!

The toadstool really looks good in there, dude.

D

Thanks everyone! Corals are starting to really grow and coralline is growing like mad! The bio-wheel was starting to break (turned on and off randomly) and was letting stray electricity into the water causing a few of the corals not to open. I replaced it with a whisper 10 and things are already looking better. I now have only 15x turn over. A bit low for me but the corals look happy so whatever works. Pictures up shortly. I just have to scrape some coralline off the glass.

Thanks everyone! Corals are starting to really grow and coralline is growing like mad! The bio-wheel was starting to break (turned on and off randomly) and was letting stray electricity into the water causing a few of the corals not to open. I replaced it with a whisper 10 and things are already looking better. I now have only 15x turn over. A bit low for me but the corals look happy so whatever works. Pictures up shortly. I just have to scrape some coralline off the glass.

Did you find out if its okay to replace filters? As far as I was told, you couldn't change anything after the 20th of October. You might want to send a PM to Marks, if you haven't already.

Archived