Top Shelf Aquatics

[Stock] Pico1

pico1

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Travisurfer!

Something I found really interesting is that I have been running the bio-wheel for about 2 months now and my nitrates are 0 with the salifert test kit. Also, I've only been doing weekly 1/2 gallon water changes. I'll be keeping track of nitrates for the rest of the contest so we'll see if the bio-wheel really does cause your nitrates to slowly build up.

interesting to see how that will play out. perhaps that was just a rumor by someone that wasnt a very good aquarist. ;)

Thanks lgreen!

Finally, a good full tank shot! It took me about 50 pictures to get one where the corals looked good and the clowns were in focus. I'll be getting a new camera soon. :D

10145.jpg

BTW the new corals are the pink/orange/blue/green yuma on the lower left side and the purple blastos with green mouths on the lower right side.

Very nice pico1. I'll have to say I wouldn't mind having your neon-green centered candycanes either.

I've been thinking about doing a pair of regular perculas, but haven't decided yet. Not sure if I even want to deal with the extra bioload of keeping and feeding any fish.

I think a pair of clowns would be a total chick magnet at the dorms though. lol.

Very nice pico1. I'll have to say I wouldn't mind having your neon-green centered candycanes either.

I've been thinking about doing a pair of regular perculas, but haven't decided yet. Not sure if I even want to deal with the extra bioload of keeping and feeding any fish.

I think a pair of clowns would be a total chick magnet at the dorms though. lol.

Just show them your cleaner shrimp and how it cleans your hand :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Clifford! Just wait til I get back from my trip to the SF bay area after new years. I'll be picking up some of the nicest stuff for this tank there.

mahi mahi boy, thanks. I got it from a local reefer who has a few awesome tanks. She has a couple of that same ricordia that are 5" across.

echo-bravo 4-19

ive been wanting a pair of those for a while after we got some at my lfs but i just never bought them bec the shipment we got in were all sick and after that we never got any more so

Elvis is aa perfect name imo there great looking

They really are neat clownfish with a lot of personality. :) Here are some pictures of the stuff I got in the bay area and a few under water shots. I also got a new camera for x-mas (olympus 720 SW).

pink/purple feather duster

color062.jpg

tubs' blue zoas (5 polyps)

color057.jpg

ATL watermelon chalice

color054.jpg

gold ricordia

color066.jpg

toadstool macro

color006.jpg

ricordia macro

color010.jpg

blue xenia

color013.jpg

plate coral (got stung but coming back strong)

color012.jpg

FTS

color073.jpg

wow, freakin sweet tank! Loving the new pictures!

I got the Sony Cybershot DSCW-100 a few months ago.... i love it, but i still struggle with tank shots. YOur new camera handles it nicely!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it. OR, I got a good deal on them since I bought a pre-fragged piece from the display tank. $40 for 5-6 polyps when they normally are $15 per polyp.

Archived