[Stock] Pico1

pico1

Pico1

10 Gallon AGA

Tank with Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water

B)

oceanic025.jpg

Introduction:

I've been really excited to participate in a contest after watching the last two contests here. For this tank I plan to keep a variety of everything but SPS. I'm hoping to keep some smaller things that can be more appreciated in a smaller tank. I'm really excited to set-up this tank and will be taking the time to handpick everything for this tank. I have high expectations for this tank and look foreword to setting up a smaller tank.

Tank:

The tank is a 10 gallon AGA 20"L x 10"W x 12"H. I am currently planning the canopy for the tank. I will be painting the back of the tank black.

Lighting:

For lighting I will be using a Current USA 20" Single Satellite fixture.

Filtration and Flow:

Filtration and flow will consist of a Marineland Penguin 150 BIO-Wheel Power Filter and an Elite Mini Submersible Filter (58 GPH).

Temperature:

The temperature will be controlled by a small fan in the canopy that is on during the day and a 50W Titanium Heater.

Water:

Water will be made with RO/DI and Reef Crystals and will be topped off with RO/DI mixed with a small amount of Reef Builder.

Livestock:

Livestock will consist of a clean up crew and a no stripe percula clown if I can get one ;)

Lots more to come...

October

color074.jpg

November

color075.jpg

December

color073.jpg

January

January100542.jpg

February

March

Final

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks cool.

great start man. cool to see we are using the same fixture....so we can compare growth rate and stuff. one question though, if your building a canopy for the lights, why did you buy a full fixture? i mean, its cheaper to get a 40 watt retro and put it in a hood rather then strip a fixture...yakno...since your paying extra for all the casing and stuff that comes with the sattilite. if you do get rid of the fixture, what are you doing with the legs? i need a few. lmk if your interested in getting rid of them.

good luck, Cal

Thanks guys! Cal, your tank looks good too; I look foreword to seeing what your tank looks like with black sand. The canopy is being made by the same guy that made my other tank's canopy. It may not be ready until late November. In the mean time, I want the tank to look decent so I went with the fixture and mounting legs. I will be keeping the legs on the tank while the light is in the canopy as well so that I can have air flow under the fixture and to distribute the light better. You can order the legs separately though at drsfostersmith.com. I just got done painting the back of the tank black and will be taking updated shots shortly. :)

I just bought 5 pounds of dry sand and my heater at my LFS. I also just placed my order from drsfostersmith.com. I bought a glass top, a thermometer, a 50 gallon mix of reef crystals, a 20" single satellite fixture, docking mounts for the satellite, a penguin 150 power filter, and the fan for my canopy that is being made. I’ll be sure to post pics once the stuff arrives. :)

I just bought 5 pounds of dry sand and my heater at my LFS. I also just placed my order from drsfostersmith.com. I bought a glass top, a thermometer, a 50 gallon mix of reef crystals, a 20" single satellite fixture, docking mounts for the satellite, a penguin 150 power filter, and the fan for my canopy that is being made. I’ll be sure to post pics once the stuff arrives. :)

w00t w00t for updates.

btw, if you are using the legs on the sattilite, be sure to glue them to the fixture....would have made life sooooooo much easyer if i had.

Thanks! The stuff I ordered will be here Friday and I just placed an order for the glass that will be used on top of the stand to protect the wood. Also I have some nice corals from local reefers reserved for this tank. New pics friday. :)

wow, thats what i get for just reglancing at it. good call on ditching it though. i had a biowheel but decided against as well. since i had a closed top, the evaporation wasnt an issue though. when are you planning on getting the rock?

I just placed my order for a nimble super in black. :) I also found out that I won't be getting the LR until this Saturday but It's well worth the wait with how nice the rock is that I'll be getting. ;)

Dang, I thought I could change my subtitle later...anyways my theme is a no stripe percula clown and high end softies. LR is coming Saturday... :happydance:

LE toadstool, blue xenia, collectable blasto morphs, stargazer clove polyps, LOTS of rare/collectable zoas, PPE, RPE, monster lips, watermelon chalice, rare candy cane varieties, super nicely colored pieces, ect. Many of the collectable or rare corals that are not SPS.

Archived