The Propagators 100g mixed prop tank.

The Propagator

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpankythePyro

wow just wow!

I don't know why my zoas are growing slow now. It seems like after I got my protein skimmer they stopped...maybe no nitrates? I def feed the tank enough.

I'm about to pull them out, and count the # of polyps and then recount them in a month lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I think he stopped selling completely on ebay, I had his Seller Id saved and it shows a feedback score of 0 and he sold hundreds if not thousands. Its a bummer he was so knowledgeable and a huge inspiration.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to bump an old thread, but Prop is one of the reasons i signed up here and learned from. Looks like it's the end for his reefing days, he is taking down and selling all his tanks on Cincy reef forums.

Sad day...

• 1 month later...

just wanted to add to this thread. like some of you said, he was the reason why i signed up here. bumped into him at local jack's aquarium here in cincinnati and told me pointblank to not believe anyone of them wearing jack's shirts at the store, to simply just email him with questions or follow nano-reef's posts. thought he was bogus. ended up transacting with him on tens of frags. a thumb size toadstool i got from him close to two years ago became a nice looking mature one over time, almost filled my nanocustom-modified bc14, which i then shipped from cincinnati to a relative in orange county who has a 100g tank.

hindsight is 20/20 but one wintry night at 8pm at the shell gas station somewhere, he handed me a brown bag of frags while i gave him $100 cash. we both survived. no arrest.

starting a new rsm 250 tomorrow. that's why i started to look him up again here... and ebay. no sign. hope prop/duane is well somewhere.

retiring the less than 2-yr old bc14 in about a month, as soon as i am able to move stuff to the new tank (interested to pick up, anyone? am lazy to ship). bc14 is now filled of corals i got from prop and from reef_pets on ebay. prop introduced me to gary/reef_pets. gary sold me, among others, a polyp of purple hornets which became 30+ in less than two years. both great guys and reefers, haha.

best advice prop gave me: "oceanic salt, baby."

worst advice prop gave me: "measure your strontium every week."

best quotation: "go to nano-reef to learn. go to lfs to laugh."

worst quotation: "i have this bright yellow fiji kenya tree which is hard to glue on a rock. i can sell it to you, give you a piece of rock and you glue it yourself."

b

• 1 year later...
Hate to bump an old thread, but Prop is one of the reasons i signed up here and learned from. Looks like it's the end for his reefing days, he is taking down and selling all his tanks on Cincy reef forums.

Sad day...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's getting out of the game. :(

• 3 months later...

Archived