Top Shelf Aquatics

"Small but Hot" - Blues and greens banned

Ardeus

For some months (the tank is only a few months old) I had one black ocellaris.

Recently I asked a friend of mine who breeds regular ocellaris for one to pair up. He sent me 2, cause he thought my black ocellaris would harass the little guy, and this way the aggression would be split among the 2 little guys. But at the moment they're all still getting along fine:

Do you think the two little false perc will pair among themselfves or one of them will pair up with the black ocellaris? I ask this because I didn't mention that the black one is twice as large as the younger false percs.

I guess I'll have to find a new home for one of them, but not while "this" (see the video) is still hapenning :happy: :

It looks like things will end up that way if I don't do anything. But I will give one of the fish to a friend as soon as I notice any problems.

The 3 of them still spend most of their time together and when not, the 2 smaller regular ocellaris are still together.

Meanwhile here's an explanation of the corals distribution...

Everything is small, except the euphyllia. When and if they grow, I'll see what I'll do. For now, my mantra "I don't like large salt water tanks" (I repeat it in the morning and before going to sleep :)) still works.

I tried to create different areas for different types of corals, so I can provide the proper currents accordingly.

The soft corals area has medium circulation, the LPS area has a weak circulation and the SPS has a powerhead directly pointed.

img0004bengah0.jpg

The soft corals area:

img0006aengvi1.jpg

In the SPS area the corals are relatively close to each other. I hope this brings me problems because it will mean that they will have grown :). Unfortunatly some SPS's suffered a lot while I was glueing them to the rock because they stayed too long out of the water.

img0009aengtd1.jpg

The LPS area has some soft corals too and the turbinarias are casting some shade over 2 colonies of mushrooms. The euphyllia still can't reack no one, but it's coming close.

img0010aengfo7.jpg

that video is awesome

looks like theyre one big happy family right now

ime

you wont really see a problem until after theyve paired

the female will constantly harass one of the males (or both possibly) to keep them a male

they all want to be female but the dominant female will keep harrassing the male so they dont change sex

once theyre paired up then you might see some aggression towards the third wheel

I only have this tank for a few months and I still can't understand their body language the way I can understand the way fresh water fish express themselves :) Clowns have their own way of swiming that still confuses me.

Archived