Cultivated Reef

New Nanocube protien skimmer

Sapphire Aquatics

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sapphire Aquatics

Sorry, I have no plans to develop and produce a skimmer for the AP12. I do plan on introducing a "custom" section on the website. This will allow you to have a custom skimmer, sump, nano tank, etc. made to order in a custom size , custom design, or a custom color. Whatever you can dream up, if I can do it, you can have it made. Maybe you Biocube owners could have a heater built in to the skimmer body and not have it inside the display part of the tank??? Just an idea.

Ware- All of the skimmers are designed to fit easily into the back of the tank with no modifications and only the AP24 model will extend beyond the top of the back wall for easy removal of the collection cup.

Sorry, I have no plans to develop and produce a skimmer for the AP12.

:o Will the nc12 model fit into the ap12? If so, I plan on ordering one asap. Thanks!

I got mine.

Construction looks great, very cool, worth every penny. I will get it installed and post the results.

you lucky dogg...i'm still waiting for mines...hopefully i'll get it today. =)

there are still 3 more of the 24's and 5 more 12's available...i bet they'll be gone as soon as someone posts a review on the skimmer.

United_Poseidon

I wanted to know if you could put the skimmer in the first chamber because I have a refugium in the second. Kyle responded back...

"The skimmer should work in the first chamber since the water level is

established by the divider between the second and third chamber. The only

concern about the constant water level is splashing from the return on the

skimmer, but you won't have to worry about that in the first or second

chamber. You will have to remove the foam block, but I don't see why you

couldn't use the skimmer in the first chamber."

So, if you don't have anything in the first chamber, this could be an option in order to keep your refugium. I think that I am going to try.

I wanted to know if you could put the skimmer in the first chamber because I have a refugium in the second. Kyle responded back...

So, if you don't have anything in the first chamber, this could be an option in order to keep your refugium. I think that I am going to try.

OK, thanks U.P.!!

I was going to put some eggcrate in the first chamber for filter floss and then under the egg crate put chaeto in the first chamber, skimmer in second, and carbon in the third then a little more eggcrate and the pump. I don't see why I cant do that. i was thinking about a cannister filter would be an option, maybe the fluval 101 or Toms little one.

I have a question to anyone who has the NC12 model, how big is it? I got mine today and it is too big for the back middle chamber, I think I was sent a NC24 model.

Sapphire Aquatics
I have a question to anyone who has the NC12 model, how big is it? I got mine today and it is too big for the back middle chamber, I think I was sent a NC24 model.

That was definitely the NC24 version. Not sure how we sent out the wrong one, but we're going to Express Mail another one to you tomorrow morning. Hopefully you'll have it on Saturday.

So, whoever ordered the NC24 and accidentally got his NC12, don't worry. We'll fix it!

That was definitely the NC24 version. Not sure how we sent out the wrong one, but we're going to Express Mail another one to you tomorrow morning. Hopefully you'll have it on Saturday.

So, whoever ordered the NC24 and accidentally got his NC12, don't worry. We'll fix it!

Thank you very much!

Sapphire Aquatics

masmedic- I'm not dicriminating against you AP12 owners, I'm just a little overwhelmed right now. Each one of these skimmers is made with my own two hands, one at a time. Provided business continues this way I can hire a helper and then I will have time to develop more models.

reefin- Glad you like it!

United Poseidon- Let me know how putting the skimmer in the first chamber works out for you. Good idea!

hey ya'll...

stopped by Kyle's tonight and saw the skimmer in person and in action. First of all... great guy... answered all my questions and the skimmer looks really solidly built. and yes he is building it with his own two hands so whoever wants one now better jump on what he's got already made!!

skimmers are very efficient and top notch....

can't wait for the ap24's to hit the street. thanks for taking the time to stop by the boards and answer folks questions. you must be very busy right now.

I think I just answered the who got the NC12 question. Couldn't figure out how it was all going to work under water. I take it it won't.lol I'll call in the AM after work.

This has been a banner day for the cube. Discovered a crack on the side :angry: . My LFS Guy is the best though and replaced the cube ASAP. Now I get to start all over again. The good part is that after seeing the cube I have convinced the powers that be in the house that we need two tanks. Now I get to keep the nano and work on a 120g. Mixed day all in all. :D

I love the design! It's very well made! I've been skimming for about 12 hours in a bucket and I got some white skimmate(about an once or so) during the break-in period, with the pump on low and the collection cup pulled up halfway. I'll post a post a picture of the skimmate later today. Overall I'm very happy with the purchase and would definitely buy it again. Thanks Kyle.

I posted these pictures to show how it looks like, installed in my tank. The skimmate is from overnight skimming in a bucket(break-in period). I also used a small piece of plastic to keep the skimmer in place. This is the NC12 version. I installed the skimmer in the first chamber to keep the micro bubbles to a minimal. Seems to help alot. You would have to look really close to tell that there are micro bubbles. I will post skimmate when it's fully broken in. I would definitely buy the skimmer again! Thanks again Kyle! Anyone wants to buy a used fission? =)

BTW...I purposely installed the skimmer's output to the left side of the tank...sorta like a recirculation skimmer =).

post-21254-1160170450_thumb.jpg

post-21254-1160170491_thumb.jpg

post-21254-1160170509_thumb.jpg

All of the skimmers are designed to fit easily into the back of the tank with no modifications and only the AP24 model will extend beyond the top of the back wall for easy removal of the collection cup.

The AP24 version extends above the top wall but it does not require modification of the hood...correct?

Archived