ReefCleaners.org

New Nanocube protien skimmer

Sapphire Aquatics

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sapphire Aquatics

peanut- Skimmers will be available on Monday. I am only releasing the NC12 and NC24 models right now. Biocube 29 model (BC29) and the Aquapod 24 (AP24) will be available within the next two weeks.

Here's an update for everyone:skimmate2.jpg

I have two NC24 skimmers running in the sump of my lightly stocked 75 gallon FOWLR and this is the combined skimmate from 24 hours. I am going to try to post another video of the final design and the bubble/skimmate production tomorrow evening.

The Biocube skimmer will be a slightly different design thanks to the large middle chamber. This skimmer will feature a 3" collection cup and a larger body with the pump mounted to the side.

Thanks everyone,

Kyle

Will the Aquapod 24 version fit in the back chambers with the hood on?

Kyle can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's part of the idea.

Sapphire Aquatics

peanut- I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but we do accept credit cards, just through paypal. There should be a button that says something like, "don't have a paypal account" that you can click and it will let you sign up and pay using a credit card. It's free to you and allows me to print shipping labels and packing slips in one place.

mad921- Thanks so much for being the first!

thrifty- Yes, all the sapphire nanoskimmers are designed to work in the all-in-one nano tanks without modification and with the stock hoods closed.

all- Store's open. I should have a new video up within the next hour which shows the design and what you can expect to recieve in the mail when you order one.

peanut- Skimmers will be available on Monday. I am only releasing the NC12 and NC24 models right now. Biocube 29 model (BC29) and the Aquapod 24 (AP24) will be available within the next two weeks.

Here's an update for everyone:skimmate2.jpg

I have two NC24 skimmers running in the sump of my lightly stocked 75 gallon FOWLR and this is the combined skimmate from 24 hours. I am going to try to post another video of the final design and the bubble/skimmate production tomorrow evening.

The Biocube skimmer will be a slightly different design thanks to the large middle chamber. This skimmer will feature a 3" collection cup and a larger body with the pump mounted to the side.

Thanks everyone,

Kyle

how much skimmate was that in how stocked/lenght of time skimmer was run?

Sapphire Aquatics

ezcompany- That's 42ccs of skimmate or 1.42 oz. That's the combined skimmate from two of the NC24 models running in the sump of my 75g FOWLR over a 24 hour period. The tank is stocked with a 4" coris wrasse, a 2" orange-tailed toby, two 1.5" maroon clowns, and a 3" Kole tang. Additionally, I have a 10 gallon nano plumbed into the maintank with a 2" frogfish. I hope that helps.

Sapphire Aquatics

basser1- I should have the Biocube design ready by the first part of next week. I am only making a skimmer for the 29 gallon because the opening in the 14 gallon is only 2" wide and that is just too small for me to work with at the moment. Like the other models this also will operate in as little as 2" of water and fit perfectly in the middle chamber. The BC29 is a versatile design and will also work for people that have a sump for their small aquarium.

Archived