Pod Your Reef

New Nanocube protien skimmer

Sapphire Aquatics

Xytrix, a bunch of posts were deleted. Apparently by the individual posters. Don't worry, you didn't miss anything.

I'm just interested in this skimmer personally.

Sapphire, please don't take anything personal here. I'd like to appologize for how this thread has turned out. Keep us posted with any updates.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

geez sorry, I was posting while you replied, and that is the first I read of it, AFTER I posted. Do you always freak out over little stupid things like that? As if it really matters in life? And I didn't even target you personally, I just wanted to know why the thread was so jumbled... and quit calling everyone kids here. how old are you anyway to be calling us kids.

Like Deleted said, do us a favor and go back to RC like you promised. NR is a better place without the egotistical hypocrites.

Now then,

Sapphire, I apoligise for becoming a part of all that^ I look forward to seeing a skimmer on the market that fits the cubes and WORKS! I don't own one, but I work at an LFS, and at least twice a week I have to tell some poor cube owner that they are SOL for skimmers cuz the fission SUCKS!

Sapphire Aquatics

Just a quick update, I'll get to your questions in the morning. I wanted to let you all know that it looks like I have finally resolved the micro-bubble dilema. I plan to post a "proof of life" video in the morning, and some pics of the skimmate collected tonight. The foam is nice and dry and I think you guys will like the video showing the swells in the collection cup as the foam rises and falls.

Until then,

Kyle

actually deleted once you read this ill delete my comments again and ill say im the one thats wrong and lets leave it at that.i may be wrong here and thats fine but i dont want to ruin this guys topic. either way one of us is wrong or were both right but lets just call it a truce and be done with it cause this is a good site and i dont want to get a bad taste in my mouth over this cause its not nr's fault and at this rate its never gonna end. obviously were both hard headed so lets end it.i had a bad day today to so i may be coming off the wrong way and if i did im sorry cause im not normally like that. i do like to debate but sometimes on the net it comes off the wrong way and some people take it like im argueing.

Yeah, it did kinda come off wrong. I thought you were blowing up on me cuz I didn't know that it was you who deleated them. Sorry for that. also thank you for this^^^ Proves you're not a total as& like some people out there. (not a stab at anyone here, just a general statement) Sometimes words are typed as meant to be spoken, but without tones of voice the true meaning is lost. it's happened here before, and it will happen again.

I'm looking forward to getting one of these and using it inside of my hang-on refugium on my 10 gallon. It looks like a great little skimmer. I was thinking about getting the little tunze, but I like the price on this a whole lot better. Keep us updated, thanks.

Sapphire Aquatics

Deleted- This skimmer has only been running for two days and I'm still fine tuning the collection cup height so it's been skimming a little wet. The skimmate is just tea colored for right now, but I expect it to darken substantialy more over the next couple of weeks. Dry foam and skimmate on the first night of operation, I like it.

Xytrix01- A lack of options is what compelled me to create something in the first place. Having options is what makes this such a great and diverse hobby. There is a place for everyone here, from a community tank to a strictly SPS dominated tank, and any size between a shot glass and the entire first floor of your house.

adinsxq- Thanks for the friendly welcome, and howdy from Texas. (do people still know that word?)

reefin'- I plan to attend the upcoming MACNA conference and unveil the skimmer there. So my projected shipping date will be shortly after that, probably the first of October.

fuseman13- I can not say for sure at this point if it will fit in the Aquapod, but if not I will make a model for Aquapod owners.

I'm still working on the video, but I should have it completed by this evening.

Thanks everyone,

Kyle

Sapphire Aquatics

asin- Sorry, the website is a work in progress. I don't have any available just yet, but as soon as I have them ready I will let you know. I am planing to starrt production on the 25th of this month, but if I can start earlier I will. I'm still trying to eliminate the last little bit of micro-bubbles that are bein released in to the tank without the use of a sponge. It's harder than you might think due to the confines of the space.

I am runnung a 24 model on my FOWLR 75 and it's pulling great skimmate for such a small skimmer.

I asked Kyle @ SA about one for the 29g BioCube and he said that they are working on a design to fit the 29g OBC (Oceanic BioCube) and he will let me know as soon as it's ready. I told him I'll have my credit card ready and waiting :D

Sapphire Aquatics

basser1- Sorry, missed your post. I should have a design ready for the BioCube in the next couple of weeks. I have been busy working on the Aquapod design dimensions and looking at going to a more traditional collection cup with a tube riser instead of the angled riser plate design. Not to worry though, since I have finished the design for the Aquapod now, the Oceanic BioCube is at the top of my list.

Sapphire Aquatics

canaduck- I am building them right now and trying to build up stock so that when you order it I can ship it out the same day. I hate waiting for something I ordered to be shipped so I am hoping to spare my customers from the same frustration. The store inventory will be updated on Monday, October 2nd.

Archived