Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New Nanocube protien skimmer

Sapphire Aquatics

2.25" front to back. (as it sits in the nanocubes) 3" width. (side to side). skimmer collection cup is a little narrower but the collection cup top (blue lid) is the same width as the skimmer...

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case anyone is interested, I've fit the NC12 in the 2nd chamber of my 8 gallon Biocube with no problem. All I did was cut the back lip off in chamber 2. I don't even know if this is necessary but I did it anyway, prior to the skimmer arriving. I also scraped the black paint off behind chamber 2 so I can see the entire unit if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i pulled my AP24 skimmer off my tank about a month ago and was running purgin along with chemi-pure. well i started to get some algae back brown diatomes etc in my tank. so i decide i need the skimmer back on my tank. all i have to say is these sapphire aquatics skimmers are very good. i moved the 2 bags of chemi-pure to the second chamber with my return pumps and put the skimmer back into the first chamber. the reason i say these skimmers are good is because i put the skimmer back on the tank at 11:00am this morning and at 1:10pm its already starting to pull skimmate and the micro bubbles in the tank are not even noticeable now what a fast break in also when i was using this skimmer before it was pulling half a cup of dark brown skimmate every day and my tank only has 1 clownfish and corals. i love this skimmer i was stupid for removing it from my tank. i will not remove this skmmer ever again. if you have a nano tank buy one of these skimmers you cant go wrong with one of these.

when i put it on this morning 11:00am

S4010082Medium.jpg

and at 1:10pm

S4010088Medium.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Will the NC 12 model work in a AC 110 (the largest aqua clear model made)? I think the water level in the filter is about 7 inches. There is enough space for the actual skimmer but, im just worried about the waterlevel.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this company still producing skimmers? I checked out the website but they didn't seem to have any in stock. Just wondering if they still make them.

Just picked one of these up and am confused on the advantages/disadvantages between where to place this in my NC24. I have heard some in 1st chamber, some in 2nd chamber, etc. Kyle told me to do the following:

Compartment 1: Sponge and carbon bag on the bottom.

Compartment 2: Protein skimmer.

Compartment 3: Return pump and heater.

But which way does it go in the 2nd chamber? Which way should the water flow - towards Compartment 1 or Compartment 3?

my sapphire for biocube14 is making noise from the 4 air holes for the air hose I can make it go away if I cover 3 out of 4 holes any suggestion ? thx.

ok so I have had this skimmer installed for 4 days now and I am still getting a carzy amount of micro bubbles. And nothing really collecting in the cup. Which is supprising given the amount of bioload I have currently. I even tryed "funking" the water up by adding a little more phyto, amino acids, and food than usual. Still nothing. Its probably just normal but I am just getting inpatient because my tank looks really bad with all those bubbles. I have even placed polishing pads everywhere so that there isnt any water splashing. Here is a diagram of my back chambers. Maybe its somthing in there thats making it bubble? I dont know. Please some one tell me Im ok.

chambers2.JPG

• 4 months later...
ok so I have had this skimmer installed for 4 days now and I am still getting a carzy amount of micro bubbles. And nothing really collecting in the cup. Which is supprising given the amount of bioload I have currently. I even tryed "funking" the water up by adding a little more phyto, amino acids, and food than usual. Still nothing. Its probably just normal but I am just getting inpatient because my tank looks really bad with all those bubbles. I have even placed polishing pads everywhere so that there isnt any water splashing. Here is a diagram of my back chambers. Maybe its somthing in there thats making it bubble? I dont know. Please some one tell me Im ok.

chambers2.JPG

My skimmer level is pretty low about 1 1/4" from the top of the collection chamber. I'm not sure how much bubbles I should get, but doesn't seem like much. I've tried every possible position for the venturi with no luck. Is it possible my bioload just isn't enough. At one point, the riser tube was nice and green with gunk and I thought that was causing the problem. Also, when I was skimming.... the skimmate was really runny, almost water.

I've opened the the area between the intake and the middle chamber to increase flow and that's not helping either.

• 4 months later...

just wanted to say thank you guys for this thread!

I got my second hand sapphire running "perfectly!"

I am now producing bubbles in the unit,

and getting microbubbles in the tank

I am running in a 24g the output torwards compartment 1 while the unit rests in compartment 2

I just wanted to verify that the microbubbles in the tank are the ones that should hopefully go away over time.

Thank you guys!

edit, and i am sorry to hear about kyle deciding to end the buisness. sorry about your misfortune with the family.

BTW has anyone seen the manual posted online? mine sadly didnt come with one.

TIA!

• 10 months later...

There are completely redesigned skimmers now.

I've just received my order for one of the new skimmers for the JBJ 24 gallons, and the results are awesome.

Very nice foam within the hour of powering it up. No microbubles into the tank, even with the skimmer being brand new. The new collection cup has 3 times the capacity of the old, and the reaction tube is quite longer than the previous version.

Archived