Coral Vue Hydros

Sponge Care/ Basics

jane of baden

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

your article is great, however I'm bit lost on this area.

I have these sponge and is spreading pretty quick on 10G tank, specially "Class Calcerea" I think.

I don't know if I should remove it? change the flow? or just siphon? are those poisonous?

post-80559-0-10358300-1388409713_thumb.jpg

post-80559-0-54156800-1385635973_thumb.jpg

post-80559-0-49958800-1389200731_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Oh dear it seems if it is the wrong thing to do for your sponge that's what I did.

Ok I know to research before you buy. I know this. But then I asked the guy what it was. He sead it's a sponge! But I was thinking mushroom. Easy. Well it's now two days later. My brain has filly wake up. So a mushroom & sponge are not the same thing lol. So if I loss it and am betting I do. How long should it take to see the new starts if I get any at all?

Oh dear it seems if it is the wrong thing to do for your sponge that's what I did.

Ok I know to research before you buy. I know this. But then I asked the guy what it was. He sead it's a sponge! But I was thinking mushroom. Easy. Well it's now two days later. My brain has filly wake up. So a mushroom & sponge are not the same thing lol. So if I loss it and am betting I do. How long should it take to see the new starts if I get any at all?

any pics?

Not yet. I'll have to figger out how to post pics. I have only posted one profile pic ever. That was on theoscarspot.com. That was over 10 years ago. I miss that forum and my Oscar. But after 30 years give or take a year or two. Of freshwater it's time to move on to saltwater. I still have 4 freshwater tanks. But for the last year. I have had a saltwater tank. Kind of a letdown. I was thinking it would be harder. But it's a lot of the same thing. With a bit more test lol. Exe ick . In freshwater you can start the fight by taking the temp up to 83f and adding salt. In saltwater it's the same only you drop the salt lvl.

Thank you. I think I'll start a new topic. As I did not get the fast answer I was hopping for. That's ok. As there are other things that I need to fix in my tank. As I stared with bad advice. But I did find lafishguys, mr.saltwatertank. And other places like this one. Before I spent to mush. So I just need to stop and and fix something's. Before moving on. Yes I have Ben doing this for a year. But that's not long in the world of fish lol.

Some subjects simply don't get good replies quick, take a look at some in the identification section, or difficult questions in general discussion, or even abnormal or less common specimens.

It seems to be just a every day orang sponge. And it still looks good. Let's see if I can get a pic of it.post-87711-0-99748700-1427748063_thumb.jpg Not a good pic. But it is what it is.

Nothing. I just don't clean the shrimp all the time. Just most of the time. And I still have red slime. So I think that the times I don't clean to feed the corals I'll clean it. Just not well.

Maybe there was a worm one one of the candy canes. I should of dipped it. But that's just one more thing that went wrong that day. I did not dip it.

Worms my be good.but you can get bad things as well.

On the other hand. I would not have my eel if I did not gamble with the live rock. And they're as much as $125.00

Hitchhiker I would of picked another rock. He should not of had to start my new tank. And he shouldn't have to deal with this. But am the best of the peep I know in the hobby. Witch is not saying much sadly. And the only salty owner. So no place for him to go. But the good news is it looks like I put a stop to the climbing nitrates. Now it's a 5 gallon water change everyday with testing tell it falls in line.

Archived