Innovative Marine Aquariums

EZ's AP 12

ezcompany

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

stay tuned for a new AP12 look.

now that i'm not working on the AP24, the attention has gone to this tank.

2 gallon water change done

rock basted

hydor korallia 2 added for added flow

carbon replaced

gfo added (a lot)

substrate partially vacuumed

more liverock added

and all 3 chambers have their top cut off to create surface skimming and water flow

United_Poseidon

EZ. How do you like the hydor korallia 2? I just bought a couple for my 24gal and havent installed them yet becuase I am worried that there wont be enough flow. I dont have any sps though, only softies and LPS.

Thanks

EZ. How do you like the hydor korallia 2? I just bought a couple for my 24gal and havent installed them yet becuase I am worried that there wont be enough flow. I dont have any sps though, only softies and LPS.

Thanks

will be fine for softies and LPS, especially in a 24 gallon. its also suitable for sps even when pointed right.

sorry guys...just when you think things can't get worse, it sure can!!!

i now have red planaria flatworms AND zoa eating nudis in my 12 gallon.

Dude, Miguel's PRVEN method, search for the zoa nudi thread, or email/PM him for the directions. But basically dip the zoas in FWE and that will take care of the nudis in about 90 seconds time. Then rinse and dip in Lugol's after that, and all should be well. :)

WHat the hell's wrong with you!?

The planaria you can sort out later, just get rid of the nudi's asap. The planaria should sort itself out with some GFO and more water changes.

The dip kills the nudis but you have to look for and remove the eggs manually. There is lots of info pinned on the reefcentral zoanthid forum on this I think.

I had the flatworms in a 12G nano-cube with Red Sea Xenia, zoas and some LPS. Manually siphoning them kept them under control until they crashed on their own. The problem was, when they died off, they appeared to release toxins into the water that killed a Frogspan - even with large water changes and running carbon. The die off may not have been the cause, but it sure seemed that way.

• 2 weeks later...

major work done today.

i dipped all corals and LR with fresh water to squirt away flatworms and possible nudis. i then proceeded to dip all corals in a iodine and flat worm exit dip.

after placing back everything in the tank, i proceeded to nuke the tank with flatworm exit double dosage.

a lot of things are sliming up but thats to be expected.

water change and carbon to be done as well.

one8thscale

Damn, talk about bad luck. Hope things get better for you now. Bad luck some in 3x, so 24crashed, car wreck, now the flatwoms and nudis. You should be good now.

Damn, talk about bad luck. Hope things get better for you now. Bad luck some in 3x, so 24crashed, car wreck, now the flatwoms and nudis. You should be good now.

i know right, get all my sh*t over with now lol

Smack those flatworms for me.

I had FW's in my old 55g tank, I had to nuke the whole tank and it was not fun. But they all died thanks to FWE, well, it wasn't called FWE then, there wasn't a commercial product then. It was some dog pill.

Smack those flatworms for me.

I had FW's in my old 55g tank, I had to nuke the whole tank and it was not fun. But they all died thanks to FWE, well, it wasn't called FWE then, there wasn't a commercial product then. It was some dog pill.

hmmm. interceptor? lol

Archived