inTank Media Baskets

Hydor Flo? 12 Gallon Aquapod? Is this compatible?

saltman123

I am starting my first Aquapod 12 gallon nano in a few days and was told that a Hydor Flo is a great addition to a nano tank.

I have upgraded to the Maxi 900 pump and was curious to know if the Hydor will snap right in compatible with the stock Aquapod 12 Gallon setup?

Seems reasonable at $12.99. Is this the right one??

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=HD01401

Any insight appreciated.

It hits in the right front corner. I just moved my aquascape out towards that corner and it almost stopped it completely.

And if you have the new model aquapod the hydor flo hooks up perfectly. Just remember to find the right attachment and the small side should fit into the hydor flo, and the big side should fit over the output on the tank. I have the hydor flo with the MJ900 and I love it. You won't be disapointed.

And if you have the new model aquapod the hydor flo hooks up perfectly. Just remember to find the right attachment and the small side should fit into the hydor flo, and the big side should fit over the output on the tank. I have the hydor flo with the MJ900 and I love it. You won't be disapointed.

So do I need an attachment to hook it up correctly, or does the attachment come with the hydor-flo???Just want to be sure I am ordering everything.

I also got the MJ900 as an upgrade. Can't wait to get it all set up!! :)

It will come with the attachments. I think it comes with 4, but one of them fits perfectly. Just try them all out. I can take some pics when I get home to show you if you want.

For anyone that has this combo in a 12 gallon pod, does it hit the sand to the point where it makes a divite? Thanks

Yes, in mine (and most others) it does. I heard a solution to this is a 45 degree elbow from the bulkhead to the Hydor-Flo unit. I plan on trying that out.

Archived