SaltCritters.com

New Fiji Rock..what is this?

3twenty5

The photo isn't very clear, but it looks like a worm extending "feeding tentacles/arms" from a hole in the LR.

Do they move, rectract, and so on?

If you are cycling it probably won't survive the process.

That thing's always intrigued me. In Hawaii, they're readily abundant in "puhi holes" - the telltale sign of puhi holes and where not to step on the reef (BTW, puhi = eel). I think it's a symbiotic relationship of sorts, so they must survive on discarded food, which leads me to think that you've gotta feed 'em to keep 'em.

I had one in my tank for a while - it probes along zoo polyps and macro looking for things to eat - pretty cool. I don't think it'll hurt anything - gotta check to see if i've still got it there.

yes the tank is cycling....the tentacles like things do sway ..but not sure if its just the current, they seem to have lil brown bands around the arms

I only skimmed it, but according to the article a Cerritulid only has 2 feeding tentcles and live in the substrate, where as Terrebellids have many and live in tubes all over the place, including LR. So either you have a terrebellid or a number of cerritulids living communally.

Archived