Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

how to ?

joejoe123

how do you cure live rock and live sand do you do it inside the aquarium or should you do it before you add them to the aquarium ???

joey :0)

hello joejoe123,

That really is personal preference. You can either cycle your tank & cure LR & Sand together in the tank or cure the LR & Sand in a seperate bucket etc. Its really personal preference..i got cured LR so i didnt do any real 'curing process' but i know many people who do it both ways. Either works so do what you feel is best :D

-Sophia G.

Yup, depends who you ask. If I had to do it again, I would have done it out of the tank or not worried about aquascaping if done in the tank until after the cycle. I got my aquascaping set up just how I wanted it in my tank and started the cycle. I had tons of die off and nasty stuff hanging off the rock and it would have been a good option to give the rocks a quick scrub everyday. It was a real pain to pull them out carefully and try to rearrange them and not cause an avalanche. Additionally I wanted the rocks to rest on the bottom of the tank and not the sandbed so they didn't shift, so I couldn't really pull the rocks on the bottom out to clean them very well. I didn't run the lights anyway so it would have been much easier to do it in a rubbermaid container and transfer later.

Archived