Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Phixion's Aquapod 12g

Phixion

Really nice tank. That torch looks like a LTA. I would watch that frogspawn by those money making zoa's.

Not sure what LTA is... :-x Pardon the newbiness. ;)

Yeah, the frogspawn or rather the EE's were originally a little closer and IN contact distance with the F/S, but I moved them further to the left. Now it's increasing it's reach, DOH! The hammer doesn't have the reach of the frogspawn, but I'm hesitant to move them closer to it, probably a better idea close to the hammer though.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LTA - Long Tentical Anemone

Oh yes! Well I suppose it is, but I've seen smaller frags with longer tenticles before... Mine doesn't seem to have any sweepers that stick out from the rest though, then again there isn't much within a few inches of it either.

Obsessed Reefer

wo wo wo. so its a LTA or a torch. i mean just from the pics, it doesnt look like a torch. mine looks way different

can you get a close up?

Pardon the slowness, I'm TOTALLY out of it today! No, it's definitely a torch! No feet or foot rather on it, hard calcious stalk. I'll see if I have any close ups of it that I've snapped, and if not I'll grab one with my digital when it's back on daylight again! B) And hard to tell in the pic, but it has 2 heads.

Here's the 2 zoa and 1 polyp frags I picked up the other day, $34 for all 3!! I know the orange zoas are Fire and Ice, the green I'm not sure and the polyps are possibly Purple Moon People Eaters (PMPE's) w00t!

which store did you go to? today i picked up a TINY frag of fire and ice from a fish store on colorodo blvd

which store did you go to? today i picked up a TINY frag of fire and ice from a fish store on colorodo blvd

PTF right? In the corner actoss from Team Chevrolet and Hummer. That's my "regular" LFS. Good store though, some people I know say to stay away from the fish they sell. Their corals are great though and their L/R is top notch, or at least it was when I bought mine at the beginning of June.

can you get a close up?

Here ya' go! B)

torch3.jpg

The red/purple to the right is part of the main stalk.

Wow, nice Fire and Ice. Did they have any left? Might have to make a trip out to PTF if there is.

Thanks,

I believe there is, they had it in 2 different tanks that I saw... They also had some NICE all yellow (like neon yellow almost) zoas that I wanted to pick up.

i like how PTF has frags for 7-10 dollars. =] i might stop by tomorrow afternoon. Matt can you take a picture of your chiller/fans? i would love to see how it's set up

i like how PTF has frags for 7-10 dollars. =] i might stop by tomorrow afternoon. Matt can you take a picture of your chiller/fans? i would love to see how it's set up

Sure, I'll do that tomorrow when it's not late and the lights are on, lol!

Also I managed to see my Dusky Jawfish long enough today to snap a pic of it between burrowing sessions. The pic is crappy because I was shooting it a bit of an angle from up high because of the stupid macro mode my camera lacks. :angry: Anyways, I don't have a name for it yet so I just call it "Dusky" in the meantime, lol!

dusky.jpg

Oh yeah, I might stop by PTF tomorrow after work around 5:15-5:30'ish...

I got a better while also crappier picture of my dusky jawfish last night after he made a hole in the sand under the rock looking out towards the front of the tank (finally!) but of course during the night he closed it back off, what a bastard fish! :P-_-

dusky2.jpg

does the jaw fish come out during feeding?

Unfortunately only sometimes. The past couple days he seems to have barracaded himself up behind the rock. The night he was poking his head out through the front of the rock in a hole he burrowed out. After I went to bed, he closed the hole back up and basically "closed the curtains" by covering up ALL of the front facing openings with sand. It's like he knows I look in to watch him and so set up some better privacy or something, lol! But when I feed, hell get brave and come right up to the tweezers or pipette I'll use to feed him and my corals.

hey! i never thought about using the pipette as a feeding tool! that seems like a really good idea. i'll give that a try as soon as i can find mine :)

i hope you get a full shot of him soon, because im so tempted to look up jawfish on google. it'll only be so much sweeter if you get a full shot of yours.

The "torch" does kind of look anemone-ish, but for sure it is some kind of Euphyllia coral. It looks slightly different from the torches I usually see, but I'm pretty sure it's still a torch.

My pistol is the same way, it dug it's burrow in the front of my tank, but I have yet to see it out of the burrow.

Tank looks good Matt. Nice pickup on the zoas

Andrew, come over tomorrow and help my get my MB2.5 ready to go, or at least to check out the pod and Dusky. :P BTW, I just discovered a tiny penny sized brittle star in my tank last night, Dave says it's from you lol! :D

i found a brittle star in my tank as well.... it creeps me out. :scarry:

Nah they are ok as long as they don't get too big and don't eat things they shouldn't.

Ok, newest/latest pic of my AP12g. New tings are the L/R frag piece (the purple on the right side in back) that I picked up from EZcompany yesterday, thanks again for it Jin! B) Also on the left side you can see some of my xenia "found" a rock to migrate and split itself onto. Some how 2 of my "lost' hermits reappeared today. They had been MIA for almost a month now! And lastly one of my 2 turbo snails decided to belly up (literally!) a couple days ago. I left him in for an extra night to see if he might reemerge, but no dice. He wasn't eaten by the hermits though, not that I can tell. He just ended up upside down somehow, and was stranded like that for maybe about 12 hours total. :( It's ok, I still have another turbo and also a cerith snail. I also discovered a really tiny about nicle sized brittle star in my tank the other day, pretty cool!!

reef11.jpg

if i find my brittle star you can have him too :happy:

haha, nah I discovered about a half dozen more... Amazing how many new things you find when you sprinkle some cyclo-peeze or Reef Roids dust around so everything can equally feed. I swear, even after almost 4 months I'm still discovering new things in my tank.

Archived