Pod Your Reef

New Cube on the Block

br1910

Hah, Im trying to do the exact opposite. My Display level is too high, I am trying to get it lower, basically the water is at the rim of the filter area and if the Filter cartridge gets dirty and impedes the flow the water in the display will flow over the rim and into the filter chambers...any idea on how to get the display area lower? I havent done the chamber 1&2 widening mod yet.

Making the opening wider, will drop the water level , a little.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I see that some of you have the heater in section 1 and others in section 3. Anyone tried both? Just trying to decide which way I want to do it. My plan is to widen the first section today and maybe fire up the engine, with the MJ1200. My live rock should be here by the middle of the we. Then I'll be ready for the full setup. Thank God!!!

Hello,

I see that some of you have the heater in section 1 and others in section 3. Anyone tried both? Just trying to decide which way I want to do it. My plan is to widen the first section today and maybe fire up the engine, with the MJ1200. My live rock should be here by the middle of the we. Then I'll be ready for the full setup. Thank God!!!

the main reason i would go chamber 1 instead of chamber 3 is the pump itself puts out alot of heat and you dont want the water to evapoarate out of chamber 3 too quickly...... if you run low you get air in your intake

the main reason i would go chamber 1 instead of chamber 3 is the pump itself puts out alot of heat and you dont want the water to evapoarate out of chamber 3 too quickly...... if you run low you get air in your intake

Good Point!!! :D

I just got mine running today - finally!

Pics when things clear out.

I put the heater against the glass on the right rear near the intakes in the tank.

My Hydor 100w is too tall to fit in chamber one without cutting...

IMHO it is a beautiful all in one, and the stock lighting looks great compared to a bone stock AP or NC...

Has anyone looked into seeing if the Bio Cube 29 can be drilled?

Cheers,

Kase

I haven't done it myself , but I don't see why the properties of the glass would be any differant than that of the AC or NC.

-B

:D

I just got mine running today - finally!

Pics when things clear out.

I am in the same boat! Hopefully it will clear up before I get home this evening. No real hurry though. I just have to stir things up some more to add a little more sand and my LR on wed. AT least I know evrything works and there are no leaks. :D

Basser1: Got the new tank huh. Cool. I've been wayyy busy lately. But this weekend is Build a Stand weekend! :P Finally !!! Then I can start to fill the tank. As for you questions....

1. My chambers: First chamber inflow and a MJ 900 plumbed back to the tank through the bulkhead.

B-

I am looking for more flow in my tank and have an MJ900 that I am not using.

Are you saying you drilled a hole through the bulkhead, I assume between the intake grates?

Is this working OK, I'd love to see a pic.

Price for 29 gallon in Charlotte NC between $339 & $349

I'm in Charlotte to, BTW.

Welcome fellow nano reefer!

I'm in Charlotte to, BTW.

Welcome fellow nano reefer!

Thanks, What is your LFS? I am looking for stores other than Fintastic. There was a small one on South Blvd in Pineville but I think they went out of business.

Thanks, What is your LFS? I am looking for stores other than Fintastic. There was a small one on South Blvd in Pineville but I think they went out of business.

Well, I do some stuff at Fintastic.

I'm in SE Charlotte and bought several fish (2 Ocellaris, Bi Color Blenny) and all shrimp (2 fire & skunk cleaner) at Petland in the Arboretum. The prices are not the best, but they are a stones throw from my house.

There is still a pet store with a very tiny selection of SW in McMullen Creek Market that you mention - in fact they have biocubes in stock, or did last week (one of each size).

Otherwise I have bought stuff from local Reefers in the Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte (RASOC):

RASOC Website

Sold my 12g nanocube on their forum in 24 hrs, so it is quite active.

Well, I do some stuff at Fintastic.

I'm in SE Charlotte and bought several fish (2 Ocellaris, Bi Color Blenny) and all shrimp (2 fire & skunk cleaner) at Petland in the Arboretum. The prices are not the best they are a stones throw from my house.

There is still a pet store with a very tiny selection of SW in McMullen Creek Market that you mention - in fact they have biocubes in stock, or did last week (one of each size).

Otherwise I have bought stuff from local Reefers in the Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte (RASOC):

RASOC Website

Sold my 12g nanocube on their forum in 24 hrs, so it is quite active.

I actually live in Waxhaw and work in Matthews. I'm going to Petland today to pick up a stand for my Biocube, have been in there before on a Sat. and it was so crowded I didn't really do much looking. There was a Petland flyer in the paper yesterday for 20% one item, called them and they said I could use it on the stand. I'll check out the website, thanks.

I actually live in Waxhaw and work in Matthews. I'm going to Petland today to pick up a stand for my Biocube, have been in there before on a Sat. and it was so crowded I didn't really do much looking. There was a Petland flyer in the paper yesterday for 20% one item, called them and they said I could use it on the stand. I'll check out the website, thanks.

I got my 29g biocube at Petland.

But made my own stand...

here is an in process side view, no finished views yet:

DSC_0003_2.jpg

I would like to interject something here real quick. I was looking at the Oceanic much like alot of you, and I have read comflicting reports on the pump. I have a link to the ebay seller

http://stores.ebay.com/Corals-Plus

Click on the Bio cube

Notice how it says the pump is rated at 316 gph.

I am not sure what your literature says that comes with the tank because unfortunaty I have not purchased one. But these would lead me to think why do the maxijet 1200 mod which is 295gph when you may be cutting yourself short. Correct me if I am wrong. I just wanted to point this out as I have seen many people doing the maxijet 1200 mod because of someone else doing it. If the information is correct you could have bought a coral or a fish for the price of a maxijet. If it is wrong then let me know so I can pick one up when I finally get this fine looking tank.

Thanks

E B)

Well looks like I am wrong. Thanks man now I know for sure. wonder why the other one says 316 though... I guess someone can get him for false advertising

Thanks again

I confirm via manual & looking at the pump itself...

243 g/hr

Mullman - The stand looks nice, I picked mine up from Petland yesterday, assembled it, UPS brought my 29 Biocube from Corals Plus, so I am up and running! Petlands fish didn't look to bad and were alot less expense than Fintastic.

Ok everyone can I bust up live rock with a hammer to get rubble?

Also is there any way besides unplugging to turn off the lowest moon light?

Mullman - The stand looks nice, I picked mine up from Petland yesterday, assembled it, UPS brought my 29 Biocube from Corals Plus, so I am up and running! Petlands fish didn't look to bad and were alot less expense than Fintastic.

Ok everyone can I bust up live rock with a hammer to get rubble?

Also is there any way besides unplugging to turn off the lowest moon light?

- Sure hammer and chisel the rocks to your liking.

- I just leave the moonlights on 24/7 it will not hurt anything and they should last years. If you want put them on a timer. I run the "whites" 11am-7pm and the "blues" 9am-9pm. It is cool that Oceanic comes stock to allow you to put the different lights on timers - I had to mod my nanocube (via nanotuners excellent upgrade kit) to do this.

Archived