Jump to content

Please confirm my thought


10 Pointer

Recommended Posts

On July 31, I added sand (Pink) and saltwater to my 30 gallon Oceanic cube. On August 2, I added 35 lbs of cured LR (fiji and Marshall). I have checked the water everyday and noticed a small spike between 8/4 - 8/5 w/ an ammo. reading of .5 and trite of .5. For the last 6 days they have read 0. Trate reads 10. My question is... should I do a 5 gallon water change at this time and if it lowers the trate it should be safe for the CUC???

Link to comment

for sensitive inverts i would wait until the nitrates are zero. 10 ppm is good but you might as well wait for zero then imo.

Link to comment
for sensitive inverts i would wait until the nitrates are zero. 10 ppm is good but you might as well wait for zero then imo.

 

So should I do a 5 gallon water change in an attempt to reduce this # to 0.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...