SaltCritters.com

Hitchhiker Bristle Worms!

civicsit

I bought some cheato from my LFS today. It came packed with all sorts of pods, but it also came with two bristle worms. Are these good or bad? They are in my refugium right now.

Here is a picture that I found of what they look like.

The one that came out is 3-5in long and the other one looks to be a bit smaller.

faq_bristle.jpg

Most bristle worms are harmless and are good for your tank...Some of them are bad though so everytime I see large one I can catch easy I catch it and put it in my fuge.

All right.

Thanks!

Another thing:

What about little bristle stars, about 1/2" across, are they ok? I got to looking and I have at least 3 of them, probably more.

This cheato came packed!

All right.

Thanks!

Another thing:

What about little bristle stars, about 1/2" across, are they ok? I got to looking and I have at least 3 of them, probably more.

This cheato came packed!

There great also, as in a post from a couple days ago;we see some charge a $1 a star, so consider yourself lucky;I have a lot in my fuge and display.

I bought some cheato from my LFS today. It came packed with all sorts of pods, but it also came with two bristle worms. Are these good or bad? They are in my refugium right now.

Civic, youve got the good kind. The ones to look out for are the Coral eating bristle(fireworm). It's colors are distinctly different where it has an overall tan color with red ends that have white colored bristles. The good bristle has the orange and purple/blue color that easily distinguishes it from it's naughty coral eating relative. Hope this helps :)

Tang

Archived