Another poll What temp do you keep yours at?

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Tank Temp in  

91 members have voted

1. 1. In degrees fahrenheit

• Higher than 82
    • Lower than 74

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

I try to keep mine between 78 and 80 but again my 2 gal changes alot when the light is off.

I keep my temp in between 79 and 80. I used to keep it at 78 but I noticed that my acans were not taking as much food as before..so I raised it a degree or two.

I'm solid at 80 day and night. Day time light during the day and fuge lights at night keep me steady without using a heater. Will be a different story in the winter where a heater will be needed (even in Florida).

I shoot for 80, but during these hot months, I've been hitting 85 all day. Everything seems fine, and I've actualy turned up the heater to avoid a drop at night.

JonRigby2005

I am also at 85 during these hot months, and everything seems fine. Didn't think about turning the heater up to avoid swings maybe I should do that.

Use to swing from 74 to 84. Replaced my Visi-Therm heater with a Jager and it's been pegged at a steady 79 since. Has a nice black licorice taste to it now too.

• 4 weeks later...
15-and-6-GAL-NANO

I thought it would be good to get an average of people because when i was setting a tank up for my neighbor i told him to keep it around 78-80 and then when we went to get some corals the guy told him that 74 was perfect and through the years that i have been keeping up with this hobby i have heard alot of conflicting opinions regarding this and salinity so thanks for your opinions but from now on i guess im picking 80!

Archived