SaltCritters.com

Wicked hot tank!

jjc05010

I have a 12 gallon aqua pod that can get up to about 87 degrees!! Is there areyone out there who would classify that as an emergency? In habitants include 2 false perullas, an emerald crab, asterea snails, turbo snails, and margarita snails. Also does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Nanocustoms ICA 2.0 - Aquapod 12 chiller???? Or any other ways people have been able to keep there tank temps down? Any advice would be really appreciated.

I have a 12 gallon aqua pod that can get up to about 87 degrees!! Is there areyone out there who would classify that as an emergency? In habitants include 2 false perullas, an emerald crab, asterea snails, turbo snails, and margarita snails. Also does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Nanocustoms ICA 2.0 - Aquapod 12 chiller???? Or any other ways people have been able to keep there tank temps down? Any advice would be really appreciated.

I'd say way to hot for extended periods. Are you running it stock? If you haven't yet switch out that stock pump (should be called a heater) with a maxijet 900 and that should help some, you can also add another fan to the hood (it already has the mounting brackets and is wired, you just have to plug it in and screw it on). Do a search for aquapod 12 and you'll see other ways people are keeping the temps down.

bubblethumper

Crack the lid a few inches until you get the temps under control by another means.

Also, you can turn the lights off too

Archived