Pod Your Reef

What a GREAT deal!

pico1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not very loud at all, I could get more skimmate by having it louder but I found a happy medium since the tank is in my bedroom. BTW just tested nitrates, there at 0! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I put water in my HOB refugium this morning and I have alot of micro bubbles getting into my dispay. I have adjusted the skimmers air but nothing seems to work. The bubbles are getting out of the trap and going straight to the top of the refugium. Any sugestions on what to do?

post-21402-1157402199_thumb.jpg

post-21402-1157402221_thumb.jpg

not much you can do to stop that. Loosen the air intake=slower flow but less micro bubbles in fuge, tighten air intake=faster flow but more micro bubbles in fuge. I've had to find a good median. Mico bubbles in the fuge won't hurt anything but it may be a problem if the bubbles are escaping into the display.

BTW did you paint yours black like me or did you buy a CPR aquafuge? Looks good.

I got the smaller version of yours. I did paint it black like you did. I have a small leak in the input pipe that I still need to fix. Do you think one of the CPR bubble traps would help? I have never seen one in action.

I actually bought a bubble trap just incase I had bubbles leaking back into my display but I eneded up not needing it. I would work great though if you have a problem with the bubbles going into the display. I do use the CPR surface skimmer though and it works great!

I replaced the pump with the Rio from my CPR Bak PAk and that seemed to fix the problem. I think I will order the surface skimmer this week. Thanks for the help!! Take care!

Archived