Innovative Marine Aquariums

What a GREAT deal!

pico1

Large bak pak style skimmer with built in refugium, 24W CF light, and a venturi pump all for $110 shipped. The brand name one (aquafuge PS) is $250 shipped from fostersmith.com and doesn't come with a light! I just ordered one for my 55 and I'll let everyone know how good it is and post some pics once I set it up. The company sells a nano version as well.

click here

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheNanoReefer

im thinking of either doing an external fuge like this or just converting my rear chamber into a fuge. If i went with something like this, is there any cutting or drilling that would be necessary into an AP?

The skimmers in those hang on the back refugiums usually arent worth the acrylic they are made of...Let us know how it works

well its the same exact design as the bac pak skimmer, just with an extended filter area so it should work equally well

the only mod I'm going to make will be painting the front black so light doesn't leak out on a reverse photoperiod. Anyone reccomend a paint for acrylic?

travisurfer

krylon fusion is the greatest. you can do coats within minutes. i had a bakpak that was such a pain. oh well. be careful with the fuge/skimmer since oddyssea stuff doesnt have the best quality. it works for me though. best of luck. :)

I've used a CPR copy made by the same company and can said it works better then my Aqua C remora. Ive seen this fuge/skimmer in person and it its worth a try.

still waiting to recieve it. I'll have it up and running in about a week or so. I'll be able to give my review then.

I also ordered a bak pak pre skimmer and bubble trap from marinedepot.com that comes today

Got one of these on my 20l works great. I did restict the return a little because of gurgling noise and some small bubbles getting in to the main tank.

I had a feeling it would be too good to be true. The acrylic construction, design, and 24W CF light are great. But the plastic parts SUCK! I was screwing in the inlet assembley and the threaded male part broke inside the female part! I was like oh ****! Then I frantically tried to glue it back togeather with super glue and I got it all over my hands; when I tried ti peel the glue off it ripped my skin off tol I started to bleed all over. Now I had to spend more money and buy a replacement inlet assembley directly from CPR. I guess you get what you pay for!

Here is part of my beat up hand

filter005.jpg

Here is the broken inlet assembly

filter004.jpg

And here is a pic of everything, you can see the black acrylic pre-filter and bubble trap I bought from CPR.

filter006.jpg

I'll keep everyone updated on how it performs once I get everything straighteded out.

they have the biggest version of these you can get at my lfs for there humongus coral for sale tank. I have to admit it does a great job from what i can see and plus there growing micro algae and cheato in there so you can buy it. If i get my 65 gallon this fall i might look into getting one of these.

Archived