Pod Your Reef

Buying Live rock and Live sand.

xJoshx

How much should i buy? for a 12gNCDX and my lighting is 2x24watt coralife 50/50 PCF would this be good enough.?

the sand is gunna be 20lbs of fiji pink. live

how long should i light cycle a day water change live rock is 4.55lb :(

what should i be looking for?

suggestions for upgrades?

powerheads and stuff

get 8lbs more LR, do a 3/4 to 1in. sand bed, you will most likely want to upgrade lighting so go to one of those nanotuner sites, get a test kit and watch the tank cycle, when everything is zero then get a clean up crew, water change of 1.5 gal a week...... better yet do a search of other people who have your tank on here and get some ideas

Only have a 1 inch sand bed, you need about 12 lbs of LR.

Buy a maxi-jet 900 and a hydor flo attatchment--that stock pump is garbage.

www.drsfosterandsmith.com

Make sure you remove the sponge and all the crap in the 2nd chamber.

i have ac110 on my FW tank the carbon fits perfect in the second chamber? yey? or ney?

i have a red sea master SW test kit i need a hydrometer?

what SG should i keep 1.019-.022?

my friend gave me a nano-fisson skimmer from his tank i figure it isnt worth anything cause he never gives me sumthing unless it's worthless... lol wonder if i could trade it for a used refractor

Apparently those fisson skimmers don't work at all, but I've never used one. I have heard of some people using them without too many problems though, but you don't need it.

You rip cut the ties on the tubing of the stock pump and then remove the pump. You then put the tubing (shaped like a big L) right on to the maxi jet and then put on new ties. Maxi jets creat less heat and provide a lot more flow.

You can also buy a hydor flow....you just stick it on the end where that duckbill thing is and it spins, creating waves in your tank.

Search in the beginner forum or maybe general--I know they're are better descriptions somewhere. It's not too complicated once it's in front of you, but it sounds confusing.

I have bought the sand and 10lbs of LR

it has been cycled for a while i guess i get up today test my water 1 day after i setup the tank.

NH3/NH4 ammonia is .25ppm

NO2 Nitrite is .05ppm

Ph is 8.0

No3 Nitrate is 20ppm

this is only second day it's been up?

is this normal i hear ammonia is supposed to be off the charts?

i also bought the Live Fiji pink sand $25 a bag :o

Archived