Pod Your Reef

Hitchhiker From Hell ID

xofinnocent

xofinnocent

I recently got some live rock from dave espi- and theres this Hitchhiker that is aprox 1.5 inches long but can extent and contract to various lengths. It is milky brown and has half centemeter tenticles waving from its body. Never seen anythign like this before- just wondering if you have.

Probably one of 2 things.

If it is flat on the bottom, I'd guess a Nudibranch.

If it is rounded and has rows of tiny tube feet, I'd guess a small cuke.

If it has neither of these character, I have no idea.

xofinnocent

unless the sea bunnys have tenticles all down there body- i dont think this is it- turns out its kind of reddish on the top

nudi of some kind, possibly a sea hare but they are usually darker in color (in my experience).

keep an eye on it and see what it eats. some nudis release toxins when threatened and others grow to be fairly large.

Keep an eye on it and thank dave for giving you some strange critter. I love nudis. I love nudibranches too.

xofinnocent

well if it is eather a cuke- or nudi whats should i do? i have no coral just live rock and sand (see my other post "1.25 gal")

xofinnocent

also when i put it into a cup- a strange clear tube was noticable- a marine bio frien dof mine told me that if it spits up its intestines then its a sea cuke. See the cup pict- and in the top part of the thing theres the "intestines"

Not a seabunny. Sea hares are NUCH smoother and have big eyestalks/antane like feelers.

I'd say cuke. Tiger .

My live sand has LOTS in it I had one kick on me last week in the 10 gal. PEEEEE UUUUU ! stinkah !

I was suprised to see that ! look for a bunch of fan worms too, the tank at RPI is infested with them now.

Glad my sand is doing well. :)

i agree with dave its a tigeer cuke i got a couple in my 100gl, oh and the smell when they die...................eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yuck i had a pink hawaian die on me it was almost a foot long my gawd what a smell................lol

Archived