ReefCleaners.org

I give Porcelain Crabs an A+

vike50brian

Got my anemone crab last week. He sits right inside my BTA waving his little fans and looking very much like "The Predator" w/o his face mask. Just know though that they will shoe your clowns away from your anemones.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just got my porcelain from petsolutions. beautiful crab and best of all peaceful! highly recommended. you can see his net-like mandible things sticking out :)

One of my Anemone crabs went missing in action Monday...he was hosting in

a Mini Max Anemone...took him bout 3 months do start hosting...3 months later I think he may have become a snack for the anemone.

Wasnt sure he would even host one much less whether it was safe. Since I cant find any remains and he would not move from the anemone...I think his hosting backfired...lol

Izzue

i've had 5 anemone crabs b4, they all disappeared/died. i don't even have fish that would kill them.

i've had 5 anemone crabs b4, they all disappeared/died. i don't even have fish that would kill them.

Same story here with my porcelain crab going MIA. I couldn't even find the remnants of its body :(

I had one for about 3 weeks. It got all listless and just kinda stopped moving. I think these guys can get over stressed, or maybe starved at the LFS.

Porcelain_Crab.JPG

i've had two in two different tanks for a few months, one of the top inverts in the hobby i'd say. I have a red and blue one... i'll try to get a pic later.

I hate to brag (but I'm going to anyway)

I've got no less than seven in my 12ga.

All came as hitchhikers on the live rock.

Most of them are small (body about the size of a pencil eraser), but I've got two bigger ones (body the size of dimes).

Because I have so many, some are always out in the open due to competition for feeding areas.

Way cool additions to a Nano reef!

Lee

That has to be one of the all-time greatest hitchhiker stories! How cool.

--Diane

Archived