Actinic: Getting them fluorescing

RentedFindingNemo

RentedFindingNemo

Okay, so i'm thinking about my lighting for a 4 gallon nano reef. It has an 18watt fixture and comes with a bulb (a bulb that dosen't mention its kelvin or if its just Daylight). I'm looking for an 18 watt bulb that will give my corals all the light they need and that will cause fluorescing as well. Sure i've found 7100K Daylight bulbs but i want a bulb that will cause the fluoresing. So...... i looked into actinic bulbs. I found an 18watt PC actinic bulb (03) and another 420 nm bulb. Can my corals get the light they need from a single actinic bulb or will I have to give up the fluorescing idea and get a white daylight bulb??

here is the actinic (03)

http://nanotuners.nanocustoms.com/nanotune...ages/header.jpg

here is the actinic 420 nm

http://nanotuners.nanocustoms.com/nanotune...ages/header.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

Erica

Some softies and LPS may be okay under just actinic, but don't expect much growth. Actinics don't have much PAR (photosynthetic active radiation). Most corals won't do well under just actinics.

Can you do a double fixture?

RentedFindingNemo

Thanx for the response idog

i don't think i'll be able to do just actinic then because i wanted to get some hard corals in there. As for the double fixture, I wanted to do one but i couldn't really find a double fixture that i could mount on the tank. i know a double one is better because i can get two different actinic and daylight bulbs but does anyone have any suggestions on a type of double fixture?? where i could find one???

thanx

RentedFindingNemo

omg!! thanx so much superpuffer!!

i had so much trouble finding a 50/50 18watt

wow i didn't even check hellolights

thanx again!!

SuperPuffer

your welcome :), hellolights is the only place your reef lighting needs, lol, I love, buy all my stuff there :) good luck

Archived