Peppermint Shrimp and Zoa's?

masterbuilder

masterbuilder

Ok...I have a few apista's in my tank. Doing the Joe's Juice routine and have killed some them but continue keep finding 2 or 3 more. This has been going on for since I set up my tank, seems to be vicious circle. In order to get rid if the apista I thought about a a couple of pep shrimps.

I want to make SURE I avoid loosing any of my EXPENSIVE zoanthids to these guys. so.............................

Should I add a Peppermint Shrimp or two or stick with Joe's Juice. Not willing to gamble (much).

Thanks reefers,

Mark

Safest way is to use Berghia nudi. They only eat Aptasia. Just make sure you have other people to pass the Berghia on when your aptasia are gone or they'll starve.

masterbuilder

Excellent reply! Some how I didn’t even know they existed.....duh. Goggled them up and you are right on the money. Thanks psidriven.

Mark

shivametimbas

go with the peppermint shrimp. the nudi will starve and pollute. if you have a large tank with alot of aiptasia, i could see getting the nudi.

i agree with shiva, i have 2 peps and they dont touch anything i have. I dont have any apstasia so im not sure what they are feeding on. But know its not any zoos or other coral.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

just be sure, some smuck dont try to pawn off a couple camel backs as pepermints.

i see the guys at big als selling camels as peps all the time. :)

I've become rather anti pep. They kept the pest anemones at bay, but after a few months became problems in the tank. Didn't tear up coral, but stole from everything and terroized the rest of the inverts.

Archived