ReefCleaners.org

Ok......no conclusion

0utkast

I Have searched high and low for pictures or identification for this worm i found in a mushroom rock i just bough. The worm is very hard to get a picture of because he is living in the rock obviously. He has tunnels throughout the rock and I can only get a picture of his head. However i have seen it extend up to 3 inches outside of the rock but didnt have the camera on. Its a white/grayish/clear worm. It is segmented and has 2 long white antena(sp). He hides in the holes and under my mushrooms mostly. When i have seen it extended it wasnt on the rock but more like hanging its body in the current. Then zoom its gone. It seems to be slow moving until scared. Any suggestions? I know its hard to identify without pictures but i cant sit in front of the aquarium all day waiting on it to come out.

sephroth_r1

Dude that is the same thing i have been asking about! and n o one can tell me what it is either! it musta been hard to get that pic?

Dude that is the same thing i have been asking about! and n o one can tell me what it is either! it musta been hard to get that pic?

Ill tell you i cant get a picture of it. Everytime im about to snap. it disapears

I dont know if its that.....looks simular but is a lot lighter and doesnt have the dark stripes. ITs almost clear with a grey tint Ima reasearch that more but i dont think thats it.

sephroth_r1

either way, thats exactly w hat i got in my pico! lol.

if anyone can help out and say what kinda worm is in that pic, i would love ya forever.

either way, thats exactly w hat i got in my pico! lol.

if anyone can help out and say what kinda worm is in that pic, i would love ya forever.

Which Pic? hard to help when I dont know what you are talking about ;)

the picture on this forum of the black and white worm

You mean the one with thye "Peanut worm" description right above it?

this has gotten really confusing with 2 people talking about 2 different things. Mine is not a peanut worm. But i described it above.

faq_vermetid.jpg

I have what looks like a Serpulid feather duster, except it doesn't have a crown of feathers. Instead, there are two short antennae. protruding from the tube's opening and it sends out strands of mucus several inches long. What is this?

This is probably a Vermetid gastropod. It is a harmless, sessile snail that captures detritus and plankton with a mucus trap. They form calcareous tubes that project them out into the water column. An excellent article by Dr.Ron Shimek is at http://www.aquarium.net/0897/0897_8.shtml

hh homepage

Archived