Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Azoo Mirror Bay or JBO Picotope?

Wasabi

wow '02 whoop it up.

ps, I'd go with the jbJ picotope as that slight s curve on the azoo looks really gimmicky to me. FWIW, I wouldn't go with any. I'd just build my own for an aquarium this size. It's purely up to you though

Thanks for the input,

Sorry I actually posted this in the wrong forum and couldn't delete it. Being from 02, I should know better. :)

I was actually looking at the Mirror Bay which is a bowfront just like the Picotype. The Mirror Choppy looks to have the wavy front. I don't know about the blue lamp on the Azoo and prefer the black one on the Picotype. Hmmm big decisons here. :lol:

I'd still go with jbj as they've really improved as a company. But it doesn't really matter as truthfully, lighting is cheap to replace now. Go with whichever tank you like more

• 1 year later...

All Azoo glass aquariums are extremely high quality: almost (if not truly) ADA (Aqua Design Amano) quality. Flawless beveled glass, beautifully transparent epoxied (not silicon) seams applied with an artist's touch, they look more like fine glass giftware than anything that we ordinarily see in the aquarium trade. Whereas the JBJ "Picotope" (indeed!) is an astonishing piece of crap: The one that I just bought (because Azoo products---particularly their glass aquariums---are almost impossible to find in America) looks like the manufacturer decided to take a coarse power sander to the panes of glass, after having a mild seizure right in the middle of attempting to slop on the silicon seams. On top of that, they couldn't even figure out how to get the machine to bend the glass correctly, so the sides are not even close to being square with the bottom. Pure garbage.

Fishfreak218
Thanks for the input,

Sorry I actually posted this in the wrong forum and couldn't delete it. Being from 02, I should know better. :)

I was actually looking at the Mirror Bay which is a bowfront just like the Picotype. The Mirror Choppy looks to have the wavy front. I don't know about the blue lamp on the Azoo and prefer the black one on the Picotype. Hmmm big decisons here. :lol:

Black spraypaint should be able to fix your problem! also, I think that after seeing both the picotope and the Azoo products the Azoo tanks are much nicer looking then the picotope

• 1 month later...

Archived