Coral Vue Hydros

Ok its time for me try my hand at a pico

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome tank!!!

What are you feeding the corals? How often do you do water changes? And how much water are you changing out?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This tank has got to be one of the nicest tanks I've seen, specially for such a small size. I haven't even seen some large tanks as nice as this one. Great Job!!

• 2 months later...

I really, really like your tank!

I thought my 2.5G was fully stocked. Looking at yours... I'm thinking I could squeeze a couple more corals in there!

Nice job on that overflow/surface skimmer.

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Thanks, the next one that Im going to do is pretty much the same except it will be a 5 gallon and will have it connected to a 55 gallon fuge. It will be so that I can try to keep som non-photosynthetic stuff in there and feed like crazy.

• 2 months later...
15-and-6-GAL-NANO

I got tired of looking at the same ole stuff in my 2.5 so I decided to start over. I transferred everything into other tanks and started over...

I drilled another bulkhead in the back of the overflow box and put a 10 gallon under the tank. In the 10 gallon I made a skimmer and put two 3" x 18" PVC filled with carbon and am pumping water through them. The second carbon reactor I am going to fill with ROWAphos. I am using a Rio 1100 as the return so I have alot of flow.

This time I am only going to do really spectacular zoas and shrooms. I fragged a couple of calustrea and a Xenia just to have something different.

I also doubled the light over the tank, now I am running 8 13W Coralife PC bulbs 4x actinic and 4x 10k.

I will be adding another 10 gallon with deep sand and cheato.

Here are a couple of pics of it all up and running, I will put up some more pics if anyone is interested.

dscf2916.jpg

dscf2940.jpg

dscf2968.jpg

dscf2969.jpg

dscf2970.jpg

dscf2971.jpg

dscf2972.jpg

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

The skimmer I made out of an old rubbermaid container, gravel vac, glad ware screw top container for the collection cup, funnel, PVC pipe and fittings to make the water return adjustable so the skimmer can be adjusted, a maxi jet pump with a venturi modification, heat gun, dremel, marine glue, and silicone. I have a pic of the building but I'll have to find it and get it up.

• 1 year later...

Archived